Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I feel like

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have absolutely no support from family and friends about relactating so I can finally breastfeed.all I get are dirty looks when I talk about it and oh she's been on formula this long why not just keep her on until she's one then give her reg milk and it makes me sad because I would at least think my mom would support me :(.i am doing my very best,I'v cut out fast food and fried stuff totally,eat mostly veggies,oatmeal, I keep baby with me 95% of time walk around with her in her snugglie,co-sleep for both naps and bedtime,and i have joined a breastfeeding support group not far from where I live.i know this is a long and hard road I'm taking but I'm in no means giving up no matter what anyone says including family and friends.thanks for reading and letting me vent some.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodmama85
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Also I plan on letting baby nurse for as long as she wants until she's ready to stop :)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM

HUGS momma of course theres benefits to getting baby some breastmilk, I'm sorry you have no support

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM
How old is your little one? Can you put her on one side and pump on the other? Kellymom.com has some excellent information on re-lactating. Hang in there! Come here as often as you need to!
goodmama85
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM
8 months

Quoting MusherMaggie:

How old is your little one? Can you put her on one side and pump on the other? Kellymom.com has some excellent information on re-lactating. Hang in there! Come here as often as you need to!
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM
You can do this mama!!!!
We'll support you!!!
What are you currently doing?
goodmama85
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I know which is why want nothing but to finally be able to succeed with at least one of my babies!!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HUGS momma of course theres benefits to getting baby some breastmilk, I'm sorry you have no support

goodmama85
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Well like I stated in the post I keep her close to me 95% of the time, co-sleep for naps and bedtime.i'v been trying to pump at least every 2 hours,but I need a better pump for I'll be renting a hospital one for at least a month or two to see how that does.i take fenugreek and have dramatically changed my diet.

Quoting melindabelcher:

You can do this mama!!!!

We'll support you!!!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Lovely thing about family... they are usually the ones you can count on for shooting you down when you try something!

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Will she latch?
Have you tried domperidone or mothers milk tea? Can you get a supplemental nursing system so she can get her nutrition at the breast?
When did you stop nursing?

Quoting goodmama85:

Well like I stated in the post I keep her close to me 95% of the time, co-sleep for naps and bedtime.i'v been trying to pump at least every 2 hours,but I need a better pump for I'll be renting a hospital one for at least a month or two to see how that does.i take fenugreek and have dramatically changed my diet.

Quoting melindabelcher:

You can do this mama!!!!

We'll support you!!!

goodmama85
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
no everytime I try she turns away :(. Haven't tried mothers milk tea and iv never heard of domperidone. is that a supplement like fenugreek? I'll have to look into that.about a few mins after she was born they took her to the nursery despite the fact I s did that I wanted to bf right away I should have been more stern :/ they gave her sugar water and didn't bring her back to me until 5:30 am she was born 12:16 am.i had gotten her to latch and suckle but she wasn't getting enough and started screaming so I just gave up at the time :/

Quoting melindabelcher:

Will she latch?

Have you tried domperidone or mothers milk tea? Can you get a supplemental nursing system so she can get her nutrition at the breast?

When did you stop nursing?

Quoting goodmama85:

Quoting melindabelcher:

You can do this mama!!!!

We'll support you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN