Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Red raspberry leaf tea to increase supply?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 9 Replies
Is it true that raspberry leaf tea increases supply?My supply has gone down thanks to thrush so I need to up my supply but can not have things like oatmeal since it affects the yeast same with dairy and stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle are herbs for increasing milk supply. Both can be found in Mother's Milk Tea or taken in capsule form. Look up "galactagogues" on kellymom.com for information on dosage, etc. Are you and the baby both being treated for thrush? Kellymom has info on thrush as well.
slvrbtrfly
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Raspberry leaf tea doesn't increase supply, but it does enrich the milk. So not a bad thing to drink anyway. If you can I would do a nursing vacation, or pump after feeding to increase supply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuickMomma
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Thanks!I have the cream for my nipples,take acidophilus daily and have cut out every food that feeds the yeast.I went through this before and it did work.I don't take medications since I know how bad they are.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle are herbs for increasing milk supply. Both can be found in Mother's Milk Tea or taken in capsule form. Look up "galactagogues" on kellymom.com for information on dosage, etc. Are you and the baby both being treated for thrush? Kellymom has info on thrush as well.
QuickMomma
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM
It won't decrease my supply will it?I have done research and read that it can up it and have read that it will decrease it.I was taking it when pregnant but stopped as I was not sure.Im tandem nursing my 31 month old and 5 week old so I think I'm good with that lol my supple was amazing before the thrush and my letdown was fast too but since the thrush it has decreased alot.Its not satisfying my baby nor older Breastfeeding child.I know it will get back!

Quoting slvrbtrfly:

Raspberry leaf tea doesn't increase supply, but it does enrich the milk. So not a bad thing to drink anyway. If you can I would do a nursing vacation, or pump after feeding to increase supply.
slvrbtrfly
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
It won't decrease it. Red raspberry tea shouldn't affect the supply at all. I've had the best luck with fenugreek, but I bet your supply will come back pretty quick.

Quoting QuickMomma:

It won't decrease my supply will it?I have done research and read that it can up it and have read that it will decrease it.I was taking it when pregnant but stopped as I was not sure.Im tandem nursing my 31 month old and 5 week old so I think I'm good with that lol my supple was amazing before the thrush and my letdown was fast too but since the thrush it has decreased alot.Its not satisfying my baby nor older Breastfeeding child.I know it will get back!

Quoting slvrbtrfly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuickMomma
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Okay thanks!Just started drinking the tea.

Quoting slvrbtrfly:

It won't decrease it. Red raspberry tea shouldn't affect the supply at all. I've had the best luck with fenugreek, but I bet your supply will come back pretty quick.

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting slvrbtrfly:

slvrbtrfly
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM
no problem!

Quoting QuickMomma:

Okay thanks!Just started drinking the tea.

Quoting slvrbtrfly:

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting slvrbtrfly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Red raspberry leaf tea won't hurt. It doesn't enrich the milk; nothing does that. But per kellymom it does assist in letdown (something new I learned tonight).

It also counts toward your daily liquid quota.

QuickMomma
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Okay thank you for the info :)

Quoting gdiamante:

Red raspberry leaf tea won't hurt. It doesn't enrich the milk; nothing does that. But per kellymom it does assist in letdown (something new I learned tonight).

It also counts toward your daily liquid quota.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN