Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Can I get my breast milk back

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
I stop breast feeding my son at 10 and a half months and I am still producing some milk and I was wondering if I could start taking fenugreek seed and hand pumping to get my breast milk back I was thinking about maybe keeping it so I could donate it and it wouldn't be nice not to have such saggy boobs. :-) opinions please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slvrbtrfly
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
If you are still lactating, then I don't see why not. I don't think the pump will get you as full, but no harm in trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Are you wanting to start producing more to give your son bm or to make your breasts full?
iluvmy2somuch
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM

To be honest to make them full and also if I can give him breastmilk in his sippy cup that would be nice to, because it helps immune systems etc. I don't think he would actually breastfeed though, because he bites HARD everytime I try and I would get alot of crap about it because he is 15 months and already hasn't been breastfeeding since he was 10 and 1/2 months.

Quoting Precious333:

Are you wanting to start producing more to give your son bm or to make your breasts full?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd not worry about the full breasts. That's likely not going to happen; a good supply comes from soft floppy breasts. Full = bad as far as milk production goes.

Time to meet your new body.

NollynsMommy14
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I read this and laughed with my husband, this made my night lol.

op. my breasts are saggy, I loved being pregnant and bf again, than the nursing strike happened around 9 mon (him striking doesn't mean he's getting any less) and hello my old boobs, I haven't missed you, but, they are mine, I shall love them regardless. Even if they bum me out the cause is worth it!

Quoting gdiamante:

I'd not worry about the full breasts. That's likely not going to happen; a good supply comes from soft floppy breasts. Full = bad as far as milk production goes.

Time to meet your new body.

iluvmy2somuch
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:25 AM
lol
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't know about donating breastmilk when baby is over 1.
Relatating to have fuller breasts isn't going to happen. Relactating is alot of work. Pumping every 2hrs for 20ish minutes.
Get a nice push up bra and go on with your day.
lizzieiguana
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM

why not still nurse him? It is awesome for him to get relief from teething pain - and you some sleep!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM

well, its certainly possible to pump some milk for him if thats what you choose, but it may be a lot of work mostly because the pump is not nearly as effective as a baby/toddler ever will be. You may try and get him to latch and see if he will still do it.

As far as getting breasts fuller, having more milk will not make that happen, sorry to ruin that for you. They just naturally deflate with time, how full they are does not determine how much milk you are producing.

Quoting iluvmy2somuch:

To be honest to make them full and also if I can give him breastmilk in his sippy cup that would be nice to, because it helps immune systems etc. I don't think he would actually breastfeed though, because he bites HARD everytime I try and I would get alot of crap about it because he is 15 months and already hasn't been breastfeeding since he was 10 and 1/2 months.

Quoting Precious333:

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Research shows that breasts at around 12 months postpartum look about the same regardless if mom is still nursing or not. I'm nursing my 3 yr old, and I hear her gulping down milk and see it run out of her mouth, but I've got a couple of sad deflated looking A cups on my chest. 

You may be able to get your milk back, but not your full breasts. If you want that you'll need to get pregnant and start all over, then maybe you can have them ack again for about a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN