Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Not sure whats going on...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

So my dd is 10 months old. About a week and a half ago she got sick, had a high temp and was on ibuprofen for 5 days until her fever was gone. Since then she has been a holy terror.... I love my daughter... but I am at my wits end. She has been SOOO needy and if she doesn't get what she wants the second she want its, she throws theses fits... arches her back, kicks her legs and screams. She had never done this not until after she got sick... so now I have no idea what is wrong... She is only 10 months old... I didn't know babies could throw such ridiculous temper tantrums... So then last night she woke up at 12am and SCREAMED until 4am... non stop. She didn't want the boob she didn't want to be rocked.... she just screamed.
Also when she got sick she stopped taking her bottle... I have a part-time job and work about 4 hours a day 5 days a week usually once a week i work an 8 hour shift. Is that ok? I wanted to ween her off bottles at a year but keep breastfeeding her when i am home. But will she be ok to not have breast milk while i am at work? She also refuses it from a sippy. She does eat food she typically we always have cheerios or puffs for her to "snack" on while she is playing... she mostly just plays with them tho lol but we feed her 3 times a day... just whatever we are eating.
sorry this is so long I know these are two completely different issues lol But any input or advice would be greatly appricated =)

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ACrowsNest
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Have you taken her to see her pedi? I would make an apointment first thing!

lillismom2012
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:09 AM

well we went into the er when she got sick and then we followed up at her pedi 4 days later and her temp broke the next day... so I assumed she was fine... as far as sickness goes. The doc at the er and her pedi checked her out and said she was good and nothing was wrong other than the temp. no ear infection, nothing in her lungs... so that was about a week ago... and now she has no real symptoms other than the extream fussyness and refusing a bottle.

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Sounds like teething to me

kblpooh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:58 AM
My son who is 14 months is going through that now. He had a fever for 4 days and now has been cranky. Luckily he will still nurse and eat now. I gave him ibuprofen last night because he wouldn't settle down and kept crying. It seemed te help. Not sure what is going on. Today he goes back to daycare, so I am hoping going back to his normal routine will help. I hope your little one feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I would get her ears checked again.  It's pretty common for them to develop ear infections after being sick.  Ear infections make it painful to suck on a bottle, painful to lay down, and the pain is often worse at night.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM

As for the tantrums, eh... welcome to toddlerhood.  Do NOT give in to them.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM
K8wizzo sounds about right. Ear infections can come on quickly so just because it looked fine a few days ago when she first got sick doesn't mean they're good now. I would call her doc and schedule an appointment
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)