Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

ouch that hurts!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 3 Replies

My 4 month dd has now gotten into this habit of...grabbing my boob and squeezing it, sometimes pulling it out of her mouth (only to get mad that it's out!!) It hurts and i'm about ready to tie her hand down to her hip so she quits!! 
LOL 
Also, she's teething...and with this "ripping" out of her mouth, it has caused a tear on one nipple, and both are sore and dry. UGH. When will this end!?! 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Yes. it will end if you stop her.
Don't allow her to do it. If she continues to do it end the nursing session
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Kellymom.com has an excellent article on "Nursing Manners" that deals with all of those issues. Yes, they can be taught!
usmcwife327
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Ooh I will have to read this! It sounds like we are in the same boat! I have to give dd a lovey or hold her hand so she doesn't pinch! And she finally stopped the bite down and pull after a couple days of being sat up to burp after doing it to me. Thank goodness because now she has a tooth! Have you tried expressing a little milk and rubbing it in on your tear? Works better than lanolin for me :) 

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Kellymom.com has an excellent article on "Nursing Manners" that deals with all of those issues. Yes, they can be taught!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN