Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

sleep issues

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay so I have a 9month old girl. She's having trouble sleeping lately. She wakes up and cries but she won't nurse, she just refuses. We cosleep as well. But she just gets mad and rolls around all night crying. I can ocassionally get her to nurse but only for a few seconds. She used to nurse like 4xs a night and this was pretty abrupt. I put her in the crib next to my bed and she cried but went to sleep withing a minute. Am I disturbing her by cosleeping? and is it normal for babies to just suddenly not want to eat at night?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
almondpigeon
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

all of my children (i have 5) started acting like at around 8-9 months.  i take it to mean it's time for them to sleep by themselves.  i transition them to a crib and that's that.  once they move to their own bed, they've never wanted night nursings. 

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Some babies just want their own space, my first was one of them :( around that age she woke up constantly, finally at 12 months I put her in a pnp next to our bed. She fussed for a moment and slept 12 straight hours. We were both soooooo much happier after that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I would put her straight into her crib tonight and see how she does.  She might also be cutting molars, having a bad night etc.  

YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be the age. All of mine acted like that. Two were in a crib already and one was still with me. Made no difference. There are a lot of things that disturb sleep around that age - growth spurt, teething, new milestones, separation anxiety, etc. The good news is that it is a phase and doesn't last forever :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Im going to try that! i remember now that this was around the time my first wanted out of the ned too!

Quoting SadieJames:

I would put her straight into her crib tonight and see how she does.  She might also be cutting molars, having a bad night etc.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN