Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

For mom bfing lo's 1yr an older

Posted by   + Show Post
Do any of you feel like your lo is still nursing all day? I swear my lo spend most of the day on my boob. I love bfing him and I know until 2 bm is best but should he be nursing this much? I've tried to redirect one feeding a day to give me a little break but he pitches a fit and I feel bad so I give in. I know it's probably a phase. Just feeling over whelmed today and want to know I'm not alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
At one year, much of his nutrition can still come from breastmilk. As they reach new milestones, they may increase nursing for a while. Many moms of toddlers limit nursing in public or at night, though.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM
This!
My second was a constant nurser until about 3.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

They still need it a lot at a year. Closer to 2 it slows down. :) mine nursed the majority of their first 2 year. You aren't alone! You're doing great!! :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockin2_manyMOM
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I found that on lazy days mine would bf more. If we were out and about or doing activities all day mine wouldnt even bother....but if we were lounging around it was nonstop lol
NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I don't know if that all made me feel better or depressed me! Lol I love that he still wants mommy to feed but part if me is like dang give me my boobs back already. I just started feeling this way this week. Before that I didn't want him to wean. I think I'm just tired. Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement.
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
DD is 17 months ..its newborn nursing one week and.....only a few times a day the next week;/
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Agreed! You are doing great, mama.. hang in there! 

Quoting MaryJarrett: They still need it a lot at a year. Closer to two it slows down. :)  Mine nursed the majority of their first two years. You aren't alone! You're doing great!! :D

amyroosmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM

You are doing great . babies just go through fases like that my daughter is 2years old and she is still breastfeeding  she has had her days like that .at times all she wants is to stay on all day  but she gets over it . and i also have a 3 month old i breasteed both and a few times a day  like at nap times and bed time i have 1on each side latched on, my daugter will cares her little brother while they are both eating it's really nice so just know you're not alone  :-)

way to go

viasacra18
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Nope not alone by middle child is going on two and still wants her mommy milk as she likes to call it, and somedays she only wants it in the morning and before sleep but some days she is attached every second ill let her! But sometimes when she does nurse extra is cause she's either tired or under the weather and other times she just wants my undivided attention! Its all good this to shall pass lol
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Normal and expected.

amyroosmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:49 AM

check out these websites http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8:breast-compression&catid=5:information&Itemid=17

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/#links

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN