Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

For mom bfing lo's 1yr an older

Posted by   + Show Post
Do any of you feel like your lo is still nursing all day? I swear my lo spend most of the day on my boob. I love bfing him and I know until 2 bm is best but should he be nursing this much? I've tried to redirect one feeding a day to give me a little break but he pitches a fit and I feel bad so I give in. I know it's probably a phase. Just feeling over whelmed today and want to know I'm not alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (21-24):
MagickalMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Same here, My guy is almost 18 months

Quoting MissSarah04:

My daughter goes through phases. Toddlers go through so much emotional development that it is common for them to be busy and distracted and barely nurse one day then start nursing like a newborn the next.

Also she nurses way more at home than when we are out and about. She is almost 12.5 months by the way.

lizzieiguana
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM

breast is best, they nurse according to their standards, not ours : ) Sometimes it feels like all day. nurse on demand is best - good luck and happy sailing to you and your little one. Some days it feels like theydon't want ANY too. Don't be fooled ! and don't have any expectations.

expectations are premeditated resentments. don't resent your baby's needs, give in to them, that's why you had the baby in the first place ; )

Nursing through teething will be the biggest blessing - for you BOTH! I don't believe you will ever regret  your decision.

Hugs! IT doesn't last forever!

wonderwoman9821
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I'm going through the same thing right now with my 18 month old! He's constantly trying to lift my shirt up, and he pitches a huge fit if I tell him no. So frustrating!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM

My 2 year old still has her days where she wants to nurse nonstop.  It's normal and there's no reason to cut back unless you really want to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN