Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

paci and bottle questions

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 37 Replies
Does you lo take a paci? If so what kind and when did you introduce it? My dd will be 2 weeks Thursday so I'm not really looking to give her one yet, I don't really know if we will give her one at all but id like to know which ones you ladies use and if you had any problems with nipple confusion or with your lo actually taking the paci. Oh and for the mommies that pump, what kind of bottles do you use? I've been pumping after most feedings so that ill have some bm stored incase I need it or so that we can eventually introduce a bottle so that dh and dd1 can feed her occasionally. Thanks in advance!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
becky1109
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i introduced it at about a month, be he never liked it even the ones made like mamas nipple, still doesnt take bottle or paci, i give him a sippy cup though, my ds is 13 months, not much help sorry!

ria7
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
No problem with nipple confusion. I probably gave her a paci at 3 or 4 weeks. She takes Avent brand.
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM

No trouble with nipple confusion, introduced it at 6 weeks & he didn't like it much & barely used it. I rarely pumped too because it was too much hassle. Know that if your dd or dh DO bottle feed baby you need to be out of the HOUSE &  you need to pump for that missed feeding.(wasn't very helpful imo so we stopped after about 2 or 3 times. lol)

BabyFruit Ticker

Koux
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My baby never liked the binky. She's taken it once or twice, but only if you hold it in her mouth. At about 2 months she found her finger (index finger, not thumb), and she's never looked back. She took a while to like bottles, but she eventually got used to it. She likes the Playtex Ventaire best, I think because the nipple is softer and rounder than most.

usmcwife327
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Same! We started at 3.5 weeks because I had oversupply and I couldn't let her comfort nurse without projectile vomiting! For our dd it took some practice with the paci and we were super careful to only give it to her when she wasn't hungry. We also use Tommie Tippie bottles when we need date or something. Started those at 2.5 months and did an overnight at 3 months. She will go back and forth on whether she will take them right away or not. Once she realizes that she is actually hungry enough to eat a bottle she stops fighting it and eats like a champ. 

Quoting ria7:

No problem with nipple confusion. I probably gave her a paci at 3 or 4 weeks. She takes Avent brand.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine took a Nuk paci
I honestly don't remember what brand bottle but he would only take the thicker/ bigger square shaped nipples
No confusion at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
We used the soothies starting from day one and the. He stopped taking it around nine months. For bottles, we have used avent ventaire for milk and juice with the slow nipples. We used a cheap dollar store bottle for water unil it got stepped on, and now we use a big glass bottle. It's the kind with the silicone sleeve. He only uses slow nipples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistync
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM
That does help though. If she completely refuses a paci or bottle at least ill know I'm not alone lol.

Quoting becky1109:

i introduced it at about a month, be he never liked it even the ones made like mamas nipple, still doesnt take bottle or paci, i give him a sippy cup though, my ds is 13 months, not much help sorry!

mistync
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Thanks!

Quoting ria7:

becky1109
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

yea he hated it so i just stopped offering, both my dd's on the other hand were paci girls!!!! til about age 3...

Quoting mistync:

That does help though. If she completely refuses a paci or bottle at least ill know I'm not alone lol.

Quoting becky1109:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)