Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Im not alone right

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 16 Replies
No matter what I do for the past week my almost 11 month old won't stop biting when he's done nursing. I watch for ques that he's done, I've said NO and sat him down, I've walked away, when he won't let go I've pressed his face in a bit so he will let go. At this point my right nipple currently has two gashes, I'm afraid to nurse him :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM
:( mine never kept it up, but sometimes it takes mom a while to figure out what will make their kids stop. Have you tried yelling "ouch!!"? That helped with one of mine....it startled him.

Also there are two ways i recommend breaking a latch. 1. Bring him in closely and he will be forced to open his mouth. 2. Put your finger between your nipple and his teeth and pull your nipple out.
Gl!
ptowncards05
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Thank you. I've tried all those, he has three new teeth coming in right now I just wonder if that's why he's doing it. It's just been the last two days of the clamping down and not letting go.

Quoting Precious333:

:( mine never kept it up, but sometimes it takes mom a while to figure out what will make their kids stop. Have you tried yelling "ouch!!"? That helped with one of mine....it startled him.

Also there are two ways i recommend breaking a latch. 1. Bring him in closely and he will be forced to open his mouth. 2. Put your finger between your nipple and his teeth and pull your nipple out.

Gl!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 PM
:( bummer!

Quoting ptowncards05:

Thank you. I've tried all those, he has three new teeth coming in right now I just wonder if that's why he's doing it. It's just been the last two days of the clamping down and not letting go.

Quoting Precious333:

Gl!

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I'm not sure what else to suggest since you've already tried what I was going to say.
My kids, if they bit, only did it once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Teething remedies?  Amber, teething tablets, cold washcloth, tylenol... whatever soothes him.

Quoting ptowncards05:

Quoting Precious333:

Gl!

slvrbtrfly
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I pinched my sons ear lobe everytime he bit. Seemed to work. If I yelled ouch, he laughed and bit again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graycalico
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM
My ds has done this off and on through out. he got teeth at three months. He always took a nibble when he's done do taking it away never worked. I understand your frustration. Mine is 16 months old and started doing it again the last few days. Luckily he bites just hard enough to pinch but he doesn't break skin.
ptowncards05
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
He has broke the skin on both nipples in a few spots. I pray we can get past this fast!!

Quoting graycalico:

My ds has done this off and on through out. he got teeth at three months. He always took a nibble when he's done do taking it away never worked. I understand your frustration. Mine is 16 months old and started doing it again the last few days. Luckily he bites just hard enough to pinch but he doesn't break skin.

ptowncards05
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I was just giving Tylenol/Motrin but went and got teething tablets tonight.

Quoting K8wizzo:

Teething remedies?  Amber, teething tablets, cold washcloth, tylenol... whatever soothes him.

Quoting ptowncards05:

Quoting Precious333:

Gl!

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I gave my DS a Amber necklace and he doesnt seem to have too many nursing problems. His top teeth are coming in now and the most he does is rub his nose. Maybee try to rub his gums with orajel before you rurse, see if that helps...

Quoting K8wizzo:

Quoting ptowncards05:

Quoting Precious333:

Gl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)