Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Ezra has an appointment tomorrow and I'm worried what the ped was say. Our last appointment she mentioned giving him formula (1 to 2 oz) after every breast feeding session to try to bring his weight up.

He was 7 lbs 2 oz at birth, 6 lbs 1 oz at 6 days old and 6 lbs at 13 days old. We had some latching issues after one of the nurses at the hospital fed him a bottle ( 3 oz bottle when he was less than 24 hours old), but we've got that resolved.

His diaper count has always been good and he's alert so I know he's getting enough in him but I'm tired of everyone telling me he's too small. I just feel like I'm going to be judged if he hasn't put on enough weight. -_-

Eta: he'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow

Update: so Ezra was 6 pounds 8 oz today!! That's an 8 ounce gain in 8 days! His pedi told me that she no longer recommends supplementing pumped milk or formula, just to keep doing what I'm doing. She did recommend taking him outside though to get some vitamin d and to take advantage of the nice weather ( it was 82 today). Other than that she has no concerns, he goes back on the 17th for his 1 month checkup. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Replies (11-11):
fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Try kellymom.com and see if they have anything on weaning from the shield. I agree that may be at the heart of your issues here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN