Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

OT: Interesting Article about jarred baby food (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

Just thought I'd share this article here.

Not judging any Mother, but feel education is KEY!!

Please share your thoughts!

http://www.thealphaparent.com/2013/02/the-truth-about-baby-food-jars.html?m=1

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Replies (11-19):
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:28 AM
The average baby eats 600 jars their first year??? Where did that number come from? My son is the biggest jar food eater ive had yet. He is 12 months and has had about 40 jars total. All 4 kids combined haven't had 600 jars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoeksieNature
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Maybe some children are big eaters... Good question though!

Quoting norahsmommy:

The average baby eats 600 jars their first year??? Where did that number come from? My son is the biggest jar food eater ive had yet. He is 12 months and has had about 40 jars total. All 4 kids combined haven't had 600 jars.

CafeMom Tickers
Gruntlings
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I've come to realize I HATE BABY FOOD. My oldest was fed jarred food. He's been my most picky eater. My middle child was fed pureed home cooked food. My youngest did baby led weaning and just eats what we eat at 10 months old (as long as it's chewable). She is the best eater of all of them so far.  

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
The thing that helped us get kids to eat anything was limiting super sweet fruits. We start them on sweet potatoes and squashes, avocado, blueberries and go to table food from there. We also don't do cookies or crackers for babies. They get their carbs from starchy veggies and eat lots of fat ;). We have skinny, energetic kids who will eat anything. Much better than meltdowns over food and battles at the dinner table like we had with our first dd.

Quoting Gruntlings:

I've come to realize I HATE BABY FOOD. My oldest was fed jarred food. He's been my most picky eater. My middle child was fed pureed home cooked food. My youngest did baby led weaning and just eats what we eat at 10 months old (as long as it's chewable). She is the best eater of all of them so far.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

They left out the fact that meat-flavored baby food looks and tastes like it's already been through another baby.

Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

They might be counting rice cereal in that, although I have no idea how many jars one box would make.

Quoting norahsmommy:

addiesmommy1109
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I buy the organic pouches only for my moms house if we go visit. We also do blw and my mom is convinced she will choke and die. She still worries about my 3 year old lol so that is my compromise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vermontmoms
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM
That is why I bfed and made our own baby-food.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Maddie just ate what I ate. Chopped up real small. I did do cereal for like a week then said screw it, I'm feeding her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)