Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

JURY DUTY!!!! *they contacted me back*

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 33 Replies
2 moms liked this

I just received a summons in the mail. I emailed them and let them know I exclusively breastfeed and have no one to watch the baby. not to mention I dont even have a breastpump.

Im worried they wont accept my excuse :/ I also have a four year old and have no one to watch him. My hsband cant take off of work for me to report.

Im all stressed now.

EDIT:  I am excused until next February!!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I was summoned to jury duty(for the Casey Anthony trial) while exclusively breastfeeding.

I was excused with a simple phone call.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I went in because i made $50 justfor going and it only cost me less than $5.
they will excuse you if you don't have reliable childcare otherwise they would have to make arrangements for you to feed baby during the trial and that's to much effort.
I was exuded the first time footer not having reliable childcare and the second time i went i was called up but i said I'd have issues being impartial since i have a degree in law enforcement. But i made $100 from going.
christineT79
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I served on jury duty so many times since I turned 18, I'm now 33, this is alittle off topic but I was diagnosed with epilepsy in my late 20's & eventhough it's very under control I still pull the epilepsy card & get out of jury duty. You should be fine.

SadieJames
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Just go and tell them you don't care about evidence and that everyone is guilty until proven innocent - they'll excuse you : )

but seriously I wouldn't worry - I've never heard of them having a bfing mom be on a jury especially if you don't have childcare.  

MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM

my summons says nothing can be handled by phone. as soon as I got it I was looking for a number to call 

Quoting edelweiss23:

I was summoned to jury duty(for the Casey Anthony trial) while exclusively breastfeeding.

I was excused with a simple phone call.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
You should be all set. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merinasmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
lol or tell them you believe in the death penalty and think it should be used more often to free up jail space -my step dad used this and got dismissed right then

Quoting SadieJames:

Just go and tell them you don't care about evidence and that everyone is guilty until proven innocent - they'll excuse you : )

but seriously I wouldn't worry - I've never heard of them having a bfing mom be on a jury especially if you don't have childcare.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM

hahahaha lmao

Quoting merinasmommy:

lol or tell them you believe in the death penalty and think it should be used more often to free up jail space -my step dad used this and got dismissed right then

Quoting SadieJames:

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I was put on a jury as a breastfeeding, pregnant, stay at home mom...who warned them I had previous preterm deliveries.

That county provided daycare. They also said they would pause the trial for me to breastfeed.

No joke

I actually sat on the jury and used it to wean my nursing since I was hitting my danger zone in the pregnancy. I ended up contracting like crazy one night (many days into the trial) and spent the night in the hospital and missed the next day...I was kicked off the jury. Lol
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM

-_-

Quoting IrishIz:

I was put on a jury as a breastfeeding, pregnant, stay at home mom...who warned them I had previous preterm deliveries.

That county provided daycare. They also said they would pause the trial for me to breastfeed.

No joke

I actually sat on the jury and used it to wean my nursing since I was hitting my danger zone in the pregnancy. I ended up contracting like crazy one night (many days into the trial) and spent the night in the hospital and missed the next day...I was kicked off the jury. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN