Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Have a bloody nipple... Somewhat ot

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 3 Replies
I got a call to pick up dd from daycare because she tripped and hit her nose/mouth on a cabinet. She has a bloody nose and fat lip and wants to switch between the Popsicle they gave her at daycare and me. So I've got a crabby baby a cold, bloody nipples but I'm so glad she's finally cheering up. (Just gave me kisses). What should I look for/watch for in terms of taking her in? (Teeth look fine can't see gums yet she won't let me)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Did you call the ped's office? I'd do that first.

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I did.  They basically said to go to the ER 'cuz they weren't able to give advice over the phone.  I called my friend who is a PA in urgent care and she gave me signs to look for (excessive lethargy/sleepiness, nose won't stop bleeding, etc) and to go to ER otherwise it's fine to wait until we can get in with regular MD hours today. That was a relief.  (I was able to send her a picture to give her a little better idea.) She has a slight tear in the frenulum and a bruise on her gums. We have an appt this morning to have her looked at. 

Quoting gdiamante:

Did you call the ped's office? I'd do that first.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I'd take her to the dentist today if you can, just to double-check on the teeth and gums.  We don't go to the dr for everything, but when Nathan fell hard he was bleeding from around his teeth and I took him in to our dentist just to get checked out.  He ended up having 4 loose teeth (at 14 months old) and he told us what to watch for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN