Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Next Q: Does breastmilk help with...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my babygirl has been sick the last few days. I am the post about "can I squirt breastmilk in her nose & eyes?" Well, today she popped outta bed almost back to normal! No sniffles or coughing...well, only a little! But she was back to her normal self!! :D We still made it to her doc appt, and thank goodness! It turns out she has an ear infection in both of her ears!

So my questions: Can I put breastmilk in her ears & will it help her ear infections??

Thanks a ton ladies!!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. It does help ear infections.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
It seems like if a question starts with "can breast milk help" the answer is yes...
Ammie25
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Quoting Mrsfarr:

It seems like if a question starts with "can breast milk help" the answer is yes...

Haha! Naturally, right!! :D Well, I think the reason I was more worried about her ears was the whole thing with milk consumption causing ear infections in bottle fed babies. But I also know breastmilk is like super-humanly awesome, so idk why i was even questioning it! :D

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I used breast milk on MY ears when I had a raging infection. LOL The redness was extending out of my ear canal and I was in tears with the pain. The ER said I was looking at a 5-8 hour wait to be seen. Screw that. I want home, nursed my then nursling, took a shot of rum, put some BM in my ear, topped it with a cotton ball and applied heat. By the time I got into the doc the next morning, it was only slightly swollen and red.
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the shot of rum part. Rum makes everything better. ;) That's my thoughts anyway, lol.

Op - I even put my bm up my nose when I feel the start if sinus issues. DH joked last night when we found out that DS1 has 3 cavities that we should put some bm on them. I looked at him like he was a god and said, yeah maybe we should, then went for my medicine cup to put some bm in to rub in DS1's teeth.

Quoting JenB1983:

I used breast milk on MY ears when I had a raging infection. LOL The redness was extending out of my ear canal and I was in tears with the pain. The ER said I was looking at a 5-8 hour wait to be seen. Screw that. I want home, nursed my then nursling, took a shit of rum, put some BM in my ear, topped it with a cotton ball and applied heat. By the time I got into the doc the next morning, it was only slightly swollen and red.
JenB1983
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Lmfao!!!!! I just saw my *hilarious* typo. It was a SHOT of rum, not shit. :-P At that point OTC pain meds weren't touching it, so I figured alcohol might help.

Quoting shortyali:

I love the shot of rum part. Rum makes everything better. ;) That's my thoughts anyway, lol.

Op - I even put my bm up my nose when I feel the start if sinus issues. DH joked last night when we found out that DS1 has 3 cavities that we should put some bm on them. I looked at him like he was a god and said, yeah maybe we should, then went for my medicine cup to put some bm in to rub in DS1's teeth.

Quoting JenB1983:

I used breast milk on MY ears when I had a raging infection. LOL The redness was extending out of my ear canal and I was in tears with the pain. The ER said I was looking at a 5-8 hour wait to be seen. Screw that. I want home, nursed my then nursling, took a shit of rum, put some BM in my ear, topped it with a cotton ball and applied heat. By the time I got into the doc the next morning, it was only slightly swollen and red.

Ammie25
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I will probably need to get some cotton balls. DD actually likes me to put milk in her ear, but won't lay down long enough for it to stay in. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)