Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

So tired when nursing...

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:44 AM
  • 18 Replies
I just had number 3 yesterday ..shes an awesome nurser...she sometimes gets lazy latching so it takes a few trys. Shes had 0 wet diapers and 3 poopy. They want her to pee by 5:34am...

Anywhoo...how do I not get so drowsy while nursing?

I know im extra tired from like, well I got up at 5am monday morning...went to bed at 10:30/11pm & went into labor full blown n fast at 11pm. Then had her at 5:34 am tuesday...and have only slept like 4/5 hours total since then. Butbits just like WOW I get instantly drowsy. I dont like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
And sleeping more isnt an option lol she LOVES to nurse. She nursed for like 3/4 hours right after being born. I know at this moment shes not getting a whole lot of colostrum (at least not 3/4 hours worth)...but it comfortd her to nurse and im hoping my supply is going to come in good and steady for her! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:19 AM
It's normal. For the first week or so I was the same way. Every time I nursed I wanted to fall asleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:18 AM
4 moms liked this

It's pretty normal.  The hormones released during nursing relax you, and for some women relaxed means sleepy.  I still get kind of sleepy every now and then nursing at two years.  I take the opportunity to nap :) 

MrsNiko88
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
It's the hormones that are released when you nurse aannnnnnd the fact that you just gave birth!! Congrats!
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Quoting preacherskid:

It's pretty normal.  The hormones released during nursing relax you, and for some women relaxed means sleepy.  I still get kind of sleepy every now and then nursing at two years.  I take the opportunity to nap :) 

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Normal stuff. And it's REALLY good that she's pushed out this much poop this quickly; she's getting rid of the bilirubin which will reduce the jaundice risk.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM
More than likely she also pees when she poops. You think they would figure that out! Remember, poopy diapers count as two for the daily diaper count. You both are doing quite well!

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Quoting preacherskid: It's pretty normal.  The hormones released during nursing relax you, and for some women relaxed means sleepy. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 PM

EXACTLY!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

More than likely she also pees when she poops. You think they would figure that out! Remember, poopy diapers count as two for the daily diaper count. You both are doing quite well!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Yep!

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Quoting preacherskid: It's pretty normal.  The hormones released during nursing relax you, and for some women relaxed means sleepy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN