Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Farts... Yes, Gross.

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 17 Replies

So I have a question, my daughter is 10 weeks old and I am breast feeding. Here for the past 3-4 weeks, she has been ripping farts that 1. sound like they are hurting her real bad and 2. are the worst smelling thing I have smelt in my life! I am wondering, is it normal for them to smell like that when I am breastfeeding? Could it be because of something I am taking in? Or should I not worry and invest in a pair of nose-plugs!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Iw ouldn't worry. All 3 of my kids(2 ff & 1 bf) had farts that would  outdo a grown man! And yes the smell was horrible.

BabyFruit Ticker

SadieJames
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Are funny?

ETA: my 4 week old farts louder than my 200 lb Army husband : ) I'm kind of proud of her for it lol.

KMAM2012
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM

No not funny, I accidently hit the enter button.

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I wouldn't worry. My kids (all bfed) have the worst smelling gas. And sound like a grown man farting. It's pretty funny that such a big noise and nasty smell can come out of something so tiny and cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryLu86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Lol this!!!

Quoting OBImomma:

I wouldn't worry. My kids (all bfed) have the worst smelling gas. And sound like a grown man farting. It's pretty funny that such a big noise and nasty smell can come out of something so tiny and cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMAM2012
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol! Thank you all! I am just surprised that something so small can produce something that comes out of her daddy lol!

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Totally normal! Sometimes I send my little and DH to a different room to get some fresh air lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Normal, though I found that my youngest's raunchy gas was due to a cow's milk intolerance.  Most of the time though, babies just have stinky toots for no reason at all other than an immature digestive system.

lorsmommy08
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Normal, ds was like that when he was really little, it was awful.

rHOPEb
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM

My daughter wasn't a big tooter but our son IS!  Oh my goodness!!!!  He puts his daddy to shame....hahahahaha!  He even tooted in his sleep early this morning and giggled.  :P  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN