Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
My breasts are no longer firmish. I understand "floppy breasts are working breasts" but Corbin is cranky about it. I haven't leaked or sprayed for a couple days and I think he doesn't like the slower flow.
I'm just venting. Crabby baby + neck and back pains + depression and tiredness= a very unhappy me

I want a damn break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Replies (21-27):
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I see Dr Kamil is in Mass. is there any way you can go to Albany NY and see Dr Kotlow? He is the leading expert on breastfeeding/infants/tongue tie. He will do a frenotomy with a lazer, in the office, the day that you go. Call his office and tell them your story.

There may be someone closer who could do a good job, but this doc is a 100% guarantee. He knows his stuff. You can even email him a photo go baby's mouth showing the tie and he will give you a free consult.

Dr. Kotlow

(Pediatric Dentist)
340 Fuller Road
Albany, NY
(518) 489-2571
kiddsteeth.com

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM

YES!!!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

I see Dr Kamil is in Mass. is there any way you can go to Albany NY and see Dr Kotlow? He is the leading expert on breastfeeding/infants/tongue tie. He will do a frenotomy with a lazer, in the office, the day that you go. Call his office and tell them your story.

There may be someone closer who could do a good job, but this doc is a 100% guarantee. He knows his stuff. You can even email him a photo go baby's mouth showing the tie and he will give you a free consult.

Dr. Kotlow

(Pediatric Dentist)
340 Fuller Road
Albany, NY
(518) 489-2571
kiddsteeth.com

Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM
He had his weight checked a couple weeks ago at his 4m check and he was 17lbs. I think his weight is going good. I am not able to go to NY. I dont have the money.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Dr. Kotlow

(Pediatric Dentist)
340 Fuller Road
Albany, NY
(518) 489-2571
kiddsteeth.com

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzieiguana
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:13 AM

you need to eat the right things too.

give up most cereal - it isn't good for you unless it is whole oats soaked overnight.

add whole fats to your diet. If you are vegetarian, try coconut oil and evoo (extra virgin coldpressed olive oil).

(don't cook with olive oil! cook with coconut oil or sunflower seed oil)

eat green, leafy veggies - use scissors to cut them up quickly. use apple cider vinegar.

eat fat. You can buy it in the health food store or make your own if you have time.

eat broth. THIS ALONE REALLY BOOSTS MY SUPPLY  but I still have that 'floppiness' that your baby is complaining about (mine quit complaining, he just asks for more milk. then he gets specific 'Mommy's milk'. : )

make your own broth. store-bought does not cut it. the broth you make from chicken bones (save them in the freezer until you have a pound or so, or just keep making broth out of them - even when they are crumbling they are imparting minerals to your bowl of soup!)

for more info on making broth: weston a price . org

it really really helps!

Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:26 AM
My diet is fine

Quoting lizzieiguana:

you need to eat the right things too.

give up most cereal - it isn't good for you unless it is whole oats soaked overnight.

add whole fats to your diet. If you are vegetarian, try coconut oil and evoo (extra virgin coldpressed olive oil).

(don't cook with olive oil! cook with coconut oil or sunflower seed oil)

eat green, leafy veggies - use scissors to cut them up quickly. use apple cider vinegar.

eat fat. You can buy it in the health food store or make your own if you have time.

eat broth. THIS ALONE REALLY BOOSTS MY SUPPLY  but I still have that 'floppiness' that your baby is complaining about (mine quit complaining, he just asks for more milk. then he gets specific 'Mommy's milk'. : )

make your own broth. store-bought does not cut it. the broth you make from chicken bones (save them in the freezer until you have a pound or so, or just keep making broth out of them - even when they are crumbling they are imparting minerals to your bowl of soup!)

for more info on making broth: weston a price . org

it really really helps!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gruntlings
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Growth spurt and supply regulation. You're doing awesome, mama. I hit that place of "This is freaking hard" at 6 months. http://nurshable.com/2012/10/02/six-months-and-struggling/ but we all hit it at different points, especially if this is your first baby because it feels like it is ENDLESS even when you know it's not endless at all. 

My flow slows down around 6 weeks: http://nurshable.com/2012/05/27/six-week-growth-spurt/   so you might relate to that as well. 

And the "fifteen second switch" is golden during cranky baby times. http://nurshable.com/2012/12/29/fifteen-second-switch-getting-a-frustrated-baby-to-latch/ 

Gruntlings
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Look for another doctor. My middle child was clipped at 8 months with a topical anesthetic. My youngest was clipped at 3 months (tongue and lip ties). After baby is 15lbs general anesthesia can be used, but most ENTs or pediatric dentists can clip with nitrous oxide if needed. 

Seek a second opinion. Tongue ties can cause major weight issues and reflux issues and solid issues after your supply regulates.  

Quoting aehanrahan:

He can be put under at any age! It needs to be done NOW! There are doctors who will do the clip without general anaesthesia. 

Quoting Kimbyann:

Doc said not until he's two and can be put under

Quoting aehanrahan:

YES! The ties can present a major problem at this time since your supply has regulated. He might not be able to get enough milk now. You really should get the ties clipped. I have friends who had babies become failure to thrive after regulation  due to ties. One lost over two puonds and ended up in the hospital because she became too weak to transfer the milk even after getting her ties clipped.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Hows this affect ties? We been managing with his lip and tongue but lately he's fighting to get the bad latch again. Is it related?

Quoting aehanrahan:

-Sarah
---------------------------------------------------------
Sarah is a mom to three and a moderator in the "Breastfeeding Moms" group. She runs Nurshable.com where she blogs about finding joy in gentle parenting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)