Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pms without a period

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

I got my period at 6 weeks pp because I was on the pill, but I stopped takng it 2 weeks later and I haven't had a period since. But I notice that I still get pms symptoms like cramps, bloating, and general crabbiness around that time of the month. Or am I just crazy? Please tell me these chocolate cravings are legitimate! :P

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM

How long now since you had your baby? How long since your last period? What birth control are you using now?

o0laurie.love0o
by Laurie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Quoting Precious333:

How long now since you had your baby? How long since your last period? What birth control are you using now?

She will be 6 months on V-Day. My last one was December 4th. So last month and this month I was sure it was coming, then just didn't show up. We switched to condoms, and they've been reliable. I had a pregnancy test at the hospital 2 weeks ago so that isn't it. I guess I just find it sort of odd.

sissy852
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
if you are using condoms that is what failed with when ds1 was 3 1/2 mo when i got preggo with my 7 week old ds

Quoting o0laurie.love0o:

Quoting Precious333:

She will be 6 months on V-Day. My last one was December 4th. So last month and this month I was sure it was coming, then just didn't show up. We switched to condoms, and they've been reliable. I had a pregnancy test at the hospital 2 weeks ago so that isn't it. I guess I just find it sort of odd.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this

PMS symptoms can be caused by your hormone levels rising, but not getting high enough to make you actually ovulate so you don't actually get your period.  Chocolate cravings are caused by a lack of magnesium in your diet (which chocolate is high in)... adding in some other high-magnesium foods or a magnesium supplement can help with that and your other pms symptoms as well.

o0laurie.love0o
by Laurie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Quoting K8wizzo:

PMS symptoms can be caused by your hormone levels rising, but not getting high enough to make you actually ovulate so you don't actually get your period.  Chocolate cravings are caused by a lack of magnesium in your diet (which chocolate is high in)... adding in some other high-magnesium foods or a magnesium supplement can help with that and your other pms symptoms as well.

Good to know I'm not crazy. I'll add some to my diet and see if that curbs it. Thanks!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Chocolate cravings are ALWAYS legitimate!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)