Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
I just found out I'm pregnant with #2 and ds is 15 months and still nurses at nap time and bed time.
Does anyone know any tricks to wean him?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Unless you're high risk, you don't need to wean him.  Some babies nurse throughout a pregnancy, others will stop on their own when the taste of your milk changes or your supply drops due to hormones.

NewInChrist
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:18 AM
K :) the two main reasons I wanted to are because 1) I heard nursing can send you into labor and 2) I don't want to tandem nurse at alllll lol

Quoting K8wizzo:

Unless you're high risk, you don't need to wean him.  Some babies nurse throughout a pregnancy, others will stop on their own when the taste of your milk changes or your supply drops due to hormones.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM

1) Not a worry.

2) Most toddlers wean themselves during pregnancy because mom's supply often vanishes or the milk becomes bad-tasting to them due to the hormones. Usually one of these things happens before you're six months along. HOWEVER... it's equally likely that when baby arrrives he'll want to nurse then. You can allow it or not; your choice.

In your shoes I would do precisely nothing and let nature take it's course.

NewInChrist
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll just let nature run its course! My mom was like "oh honey, you have to get him to sleep all night because you need your rest!"
Ugh. Mothers.
Lol

Quoting gdiamante:

1) Not a worry.

2) Most toddlers wean themselves during pregnancy because mom's supply often vanishes or the milk becomes bad-tasting to them due to the hormones. Usually one of these things happens before you're six months along. HOWEVER... it's equally likely that when baby arrrives he'll want to nurse then. You can allow it or not; your choice.

In your shoes I would do precisely nothing and let nature take it's course.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)