Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

got scared

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 25 Replies
Omg im literally shaking and holding back tears. Ok, play by play. Im nursing Autumn amd she falls asleep so I take her off. My son says hes hungry so I get up and give him poptarr for time being. My mom wanta him for weekend and we didntgo shopping yet. AnywYs, I go sit down on the couch amd realize I forgot to burp Autumn. Shes on my chest, head snuggled on my chest. Well I move her and I hear this little burp.naww xute. Well inlook atnher faxe, mouth wide open as if shes choking. I pat her baxk. She lets ot this BIIIIIIG croak amd milk comes pouring out of her mouth. A whole lot, not a little. Im freaking out. She burps mores and goes back to sleep. Im freaking out . Her peds not answerimg the phone -.-
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Awwww ((hugs))
sounds like all is well now. In future I wouldnt lay her flat ever after feeding, prop her up in a swing/seat etc
I don't think the pedi is going to do anything for you.
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM
She's fine. She did a normal baby thing. Everything is okay.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I never knew such a small thing could make such a loud noise. Scared me. Im cuddling her right now

Quoting melindabelcher:

Awwww ((hugs))

sounds like all is well now. In future I wouldnt lay her flat ever after feeding, prop her up in a swing/seat etc

I don't think the pedi is going to do anything for you.

gumeshoe
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Babies can spit up an amazing amount of milk and be perfectly fine. I have had the same thing happen here. Unless he fusses he is fine. I don't like it tho!

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea I was just surprised by how loud she was and amount of milk. I almost cried when I saw the milk "noooo. Not the good stuff. Dont spit that up." Ool

Quoting IrishIz:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Oh me either. Its scary! And I was like poor poor milk. Lol Im surprise shes not up hungry after that. Cried over spit up milk lol

Quoting gumeshoe:

Babies can spit up an amazing amount of milk and be perfectly fine. I have had the same thing happen here. Unless he fusses he is fine. I don't like it tho!

gumeshoe
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Yeah I understand the oh no wasted milk moment. Makes me think I am crazy to think of such a thing, since I have no control of that. Definately a take a deep breath moment. :)

Quoting mama-smurf:

Oh me either. Its scary! And I was like poor poor milk. Lol Im surprise shes not up hungry after that. Cried over spit up milk lol

Quoting gumeshoe:

K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

This.  Eventually she'll be ableto burp on her own but for now I'd make sure you burp her after feedings, even if she's asleep, before you lay her down.  That is definitely scary the first time it happens.  Nathan did it in the hospital which didn't phase me (his brother had done it a lot), but it scared the nurse (I think she was new).

Quoting IrishIz:

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Aww mama ((hugs)). Very normal, but indeed very scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
its normal. But it scary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)