Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 months old solids related, help!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 6 Replies
So, I have offered solids a few times and she isn't very interested. Everyone is saying she needs cereal (which I am not a fan of it because it is junk) and she needs baby food. I've tried and she's just not interested... My ds loved solids and was eating them daily at 6 months. I can't help but feel like she's not getting enough from just my breastmilk! Am I doing anything wrong?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Nope, you're doing perfectly! All baby "needs" the first year is breastmilk. Solids are just for practice right now.
Cereal is NEVER needed, the nutrients in it are all fortified. Naturally occurring nutrients in real food is always superior.

Learn to tune out "everyone" and smile & nod, confidently thank then but say you are making your own decisions for your child, or tell them it's not up for discussion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Nope!  My first didn't start solids until 8 months... and some babies aren't ready for up to a year.  

She'll let you know when she's ready and then you can just offer her some bites of your food... heck, you can try offering now whenever you're eating something appropriate, she'll take it, or not. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

forget trying to FEED your LO...put food on a high chair tray and if your LO wants it she will eat it

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM
What they said! ^^^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM
My son didn't eat solids until 13 months and at 17 months he barely eats solids, he just likes to nurse more. He is between 26-28 pounds and easily over 31 inches. Perfectly healthy and happy:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM
This :)

Quoting larissalarie:

Nope, you're doing perfectly! All baby "needs" the first year is breastmilk. Solids are just for practice right now.

Cereal is NEVER needed, the nutrients in it are all fortified. Naturally occurring nutrients in real food is always superior.

Learn to tune out "everyone" and smile & nod, confidently thank then but say you are making your own decisions for your child, or tell them it's not up for discussion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)