Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Caffiene?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 24 Replies
Is it okay? I drank a pepsi a day throughout my pregnancy..im 3days pp and.really want one. Would it be okay? I thought I saw its okay if you had it during pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Many moms continue drinking caffeine without any issues
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM

It's fine. Just watch your baby for any signs of fussiness or trouble sleeping. I drink 2 cups of coffee every morning & my baby is totally fine with it. Kellymom has good info on caffeine.

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM
My son can't tolerate it but if your baby can, there is no need to cut it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I wanted to add I avoided it during pregnancy so that may be why it bothers him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Thanks everyone. I just am really paranoid about eating or drinking. I am worried to upset her tummy. I dont think im taking in enough calories because of it. Ive barely eaten since shes been born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Most breastfeeding moms can eat and drink whatever they want without any bother at all to the baby. Studies show that caffeine rarely bothers breastfed babies. You can almost certainly eat broccoli, beans, chocolate, jalapeño peppers, whatever you like.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Thanks everyone. I just am really paranoid about eating or drinking. I am worried to upset her tummy. I dont think im taking in enough calories because of it. Ive barely eaten since shes been born.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
All that said, if you start to notice patterns of baby problems and certain foods, then track in a food diary and then eliminate any culprits.
CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:14 PM
My second baby had alot of issues bf. I had to watch what I ate. I never had caffiene though, because I avoided it my entire pregnancy.

We had pizza yesterday that the church got for us...i was hesitant but ate it..then all night she was fussy, passing gas, wanted to non stop nurse, im assuming since her tummy hurt. Now shes better. We nursed for about 4 hours straight last night, then nursed for another 5 hour stretch this am. Shes been alot more content since then.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Most breastfeeding moms can eat and drink whatever they want without any bother at all to the baby. Studies show that caffeine rarely bothers breastfed babies. You can almost certainly eat broccoli, beans, chocolate, jalapeño peppers, whatever you like.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM
She is likely going through a growth spurt and it has nothing to do with the pizza. If she is gassy, gripe water works wonders. Did your older child have allergies?

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

My second baby had alot of issues bf. I had to watch what I ate. I never had caffiene though, because I avoided it my entire pregnancy.

We had pizza yesterday that the church got for us...i was hesitant but ate it..then all night she was fussy, passing gas, wanted to non stop nurse, im assuming since her tummy hurt. Now shes better. We nursed for about 4 hours straight last night, then nursed for another 5 hour stretch this am. Shes been alot more content since then.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

CheyennesMommy2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM
My lc said its most likely the sauce. Shes only 3 days old.

No my older kids have no allergies. My oldest I only nursed for a month then pumped a bit then was done.

My second was longer..about 4/5 months nursing..but I pumped alot too and she had freezer milk until like 7/8 m.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

She is likely going through a growth spurt and it has nothing to do with the pizza. If she is gassy, gripe water works wonders. Did your older child have allergies?

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN