Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Should I call the dr or is this normal?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 36 Replies
My son is 2 weeks old and for the past 3 days he's been crying like his stomach hurts. Well he had thrush and we're both being treated for it. Starting last night he's been spitting up a lot. It has me a little bit worried because he has been spitting up so much . Is this normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Is his dipe count still good? If so, it's merely a laundry problem. Do I recall you had a fast letdown too? If so, you still have to do the laid back nursing to reduce spitup... and expect to be doing laid back nursing for months.

piwife
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Does his tummy feel hard? Is he passing gas? How is he pooping? What are you using for the trush?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Thrush can cause gassiness and stomach pain. You see it first in their mouth, then their gut and finally the diaper rash (not always all if these things). How are you treating the thrush?

It's also extremely likely the tummy trouble is from oversupply/overactive letdown.
QuickMomma
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Ugh same problem here!Its in our guts too cause we have all the symptoms of it.Ive been using grapefruit seed extract swabbed on my nipples then the apno cream the dr prescribed me,taking acidophilus and doing vinegar since for my vaginal yeast infection plus drinking water with the grapefruit seed extract in it..Dr just called me in more prescriptions which I get on Monday.For baby he is getting acidophilus as well.He spits up after almost every feeding.I have cut dairy,wheat,rye,etc from my diet to help with it for now and so far its helped some minus the gut issues and his spitting up.
juniebug11
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I'm not sure what a dupe count is. I try to do the laid back nursing. His poop smells like thrush so bad :(

Quoting gdiamante:

Is his dipe count still good? If so, it's merely a laundry problem. Do I recall you had a fast letdown too? If so, you still have to do the laid back nursing to reduce spitup... and expect to be doing laid back nursing for months.

juniebug11
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
He has been taking antibodics & so have I.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Thrush can cause gassiness and stomach pain. You see it first in their mouth, then their gut and finally the diaper rash (not always all if these things). How are you treating the thrush?

It's also extremely likely the tummy trouble is from oversupply/overactive letdown.

juniebug11
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM
He is passing a lot of gas, his poop is dark yellow, and he crys when he poops. He's on antibodics , I feel so bad when I give them to him because he doesn't like them. I tried giving him some gas drops. I've been eating bland foods

Quoting piwife:

Does his tummy feel hard? Is he passing gas? How is he pooping? What are you using for the trush?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Count of diapers = dipe count. 

In 24 hours you cshould have changed six. If you did then the spitup is not an issue.

How are you treating the thrush?

Quoting juniebug11:

I'm not sure what a dupe count is. I try to do the laid back nursing. His poop smells like thrush so bad :(

Quoting gdiamante:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Antibiotics? How about an antifungal? Thrush is yeast.

juniebug11
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM
His poip is really dark yellow. I tried to do the laying back feeding, is there anything else I can so? He's being treated with antibodics , I tried to give him some gas drops.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN