Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Needs quick advice!!...BAD Diaper rash!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok so my son must have popped before I layed him down for bed without me knowing and woke up this morning with the WORST diaper rash!!...this is two nights in a row this has happened now and I can't even wipe him without him screaming to top of his lungs:( any advice would help as none of the creams ever work for him and it takes him about 2 weeks for it to clear up:(...any remedies that have worked FAST for you?? Thx so much!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
slrsgirl
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM

If there are little bumps then it is a yeast infection and it will hurt a lot. My son gets them a lot (but now we are potty training to help stop it) and our doctor gave us 2 different creams to help make it go away (nystatin & bactroban).

Beccahairlady
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Coconut oil. I also use it after every diaper change as a barrier.

victoriangavin
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I know u said creams don't work and they don't work well for my son really ether but i found some stuff that works wonders and puts desitin to shame... It's called Pasta De Lassar and it's located by neosporin at walmart

Quoting MumB:

Ok I will try these things...how about anything other than cream?...someone told me about corn starch?...do u know if that helps? Thx again!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

My doctor gave me a little concotion to try.  It's 1/2 tube of desitin, 1/2 tube of a&d ointment, a tsp of maalox and tsp of bactracin and mix it up in a container.  My son had a horrible diaper rash for a week and just the desitin wasn't working.   This cleared it up in about a day.  Also the nurse told me to use a wetted napkin or paper towel instead of wipes.

Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Aquaphor is a great protective barrior.  My oldest had a bleeding rash at 18 months from a stomach bug and everything else would make her scream horribly.  Aquaphor protected her and let her heal.

ragitty
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I used Arbonne on ds and he always cleared up within a couple days, no matter how bad it was. Sil uses it as well and her ds1 gets lots of daiper rashes and she said that's the only thing that ever works for them. 

mamalusbear
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

triple paste always worked for bad diaper rash, putting a little cornstarch in the diaper to absorb wetness....and if you can, letting them run around without a diaper on helps to clear it up.

wenuck
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is almost 2 i have her soak in a baking soda bath it helps her a ton.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Breast milk, coconut oil, and wash cloths.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Wash his bum with warm water several times a day. Use witch hazel after you have cleaned him with a wipe then allow the area to air dry then apply 40% zinc diaper rash cream.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN