Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Needs quick advice!!...BAD Diaper rash!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok so my son must have popped before I layed him down for bed without me knowing and woke up this morning with the WORST diaper rash!!...this is two nights in a row this has happened now and I can't even wipe him without him screaming to top of his lungs:( any advice would help as none of the creams ever work for him and it takes him about 2 weeks for it to clear up:(...any remedies that have worked FAST for you?? Thx so much!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Quoting MumB:

Ok I will try these things...how about anything other than cream?...someone told me about corn starch?...do u know if that helps? Thx again!!!

Corn starch will feed the yeast and make it worse.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Cornstarch will help a diaper rash but make a yeast infection worse.  I work at a daycare and have used almost every cream that has been mentioned so far.  The thing with creams is you need to experiment and find what works for your child.  Triple Paste and Aquaphor are usually the best.   My doctor also suggested going up a size in diapers until the rash heals.  Good luck.  I hope it heals quickly.

Yurixsi
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Corn starch does work I used it with all my kids..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MumB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Perfect!! I have changed diap like every two hours ...applied the corn starch...I got warm wash cloths which he loves ..and I have him in a warm bath now;)...hope this goes away soon...it seems his balls are almost bleeding they are so red poor little guy:(.... If the starch makes it worse ill start using the lotramin and aquaphor...well see..cross our fingers!! Thx so much all of you...always putting my mind at ease!! Xoxo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:46 AM
This is all I used with my second. The only time I dealt with a bad rash was recently when he would poop in his pants and not tell me so he was sitting in it for a long time. I couldn't hand express anything anymore, so I had to deal with it. It was so bad that a warm wet washcloth hurt so much that he was screaming. :-(

Quoting shortyali:

Try some of your bm on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mdmooch
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM
When my little guy had bad diaper rash I used Triple Paste. It started clearing up immediately.
nurse-mommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Triple paste, oatmeal baths and Aquephor. Also, if you prefer disposable wipes, rinse them out in water first because even the sensitive ones have alcohol in them. How old is he? Is he eating foods? If yes, watch acidic foods. If not, watch acidic foods in your diet too. OJ can wreck havoc on my DD when I drink it -she's 4mos. DS had troubles with pineapple and oranges when he started solids-he's 28mos now.
Stevensmomma
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Neosporen and corn starch and when the rash clears up for his last night time diaper put desist in creamy and cornstarch as a preventive 

coreym
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Didn't read all the replies but I started using corn starch a few months ago and dds rashes are usually cleared up after one or two diaper changes. I also give her a bath and try to leave her makes for a while before putting a diaper back on her.

Quoting MumB:

Ok I will try these things...how about anything other than cream?...someone told me about corn starch?...do u know if that helps? Thx again!!!
The_Blended7
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM

My little ones doc prescribed something called poop goop and it healed the rash in two days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN