Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Needs quick advice!!...BAD Diaper rash!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok so my son must have popped before I layed him down for bed without me knowing and woke up this morning with the WORST diaper rash!!...this is two nights in a row this has happened now and I can't even wipe him without him screaming to top of his lungs:( any advice would help as none of the creams ever work for him and it takes him about 2 weeks for it to clear up:(...any remedies that have worked FAST for you?? Thx so much!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
crystalplus1
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Use a warm wet rag, Wipes sting!!! and try a oatmeal bath And let his bottom have air. My son would get blisters his rash was so bad while he was teething. I would use powder during the day and at night after he was dry and had been naked for about 20 min i put cream on him.

MandaMommyof2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Have you tried boudrous butt cream? It always worked like a charm for my oldest
rainskysmom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Let him run around without his diaper on. He may pee in your floor but the air helps his rash air out. This worked wonders for my girls when they were little. Ooh an Boudreux (sp) Butt paste when his diaper is on. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oliver92
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Try using eucerin in the big tub and then coat in baby powder, keeps poop from sticking, we had to use eucerin because ds would rash and then bleed, i wouldnt rec any of the yeast creams, holy gosh, caused some screaming, was awful, talk to your dr, we had to twice use a steroid cream to heal poor ollie, ofcourse I used until cleared up only.  change your diaper brand, pampers caused 2 of our boys the worst reactions.

becky1109
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

cornstarch!

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Clean with your hand and water...no cloth..no wipes ..lots of air
JocelynsMama1
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM

leave diaper off as much as possible...then but straight breastmilk on it and let it dry before you close the diaper....breast milk is some AMAZING stuff....but if that doesnt help and you siad creams dont help it may be a yeast infection

LucyHourglass
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

breastmilk was the ONLY thing that helped my sons rashes.

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Does he eat food yet? Ds gets a nasty rash when he eats acidic stuff. He LOVES oranges, but I can give him more than a few bites bc his rash gets bad! I found it out the hard way. I kept giving then to him. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go away till I ran out of oranges. It went away the next day! A few days later I have them again and immediately it came back.
The only thing that helps when he does have a rash is to air out the bum, let it dry after u wipe (i suggest seventh generation) then squirt bm on it, at night put a creamy diaps cream (i suggest episential or Boudreauxs). Good luck!
MomOfFur
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm wondering about the use of probiotics to help? As some have said that diaper rash could be yeast infection, wouldn't it be helpful to be using some probiotics, too? I know they help me when I suffer from yeast. Is there an age that would be too young? 

PP have posted some really great tips for rashes. I must get out today and get some Coconut oul. Bordeauxjust doesn't seem to be working this time. Poor kids! OP, I hope you find something that works!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN