Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Thank you ladies

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hi, I am ebf my 5 month old daughter (she has had some organic fruits and veggies- very little always after nursing, does that still count as ebf? ) this is my 3rd baby and I nurse all my kids until 12 months- no formula.

Anyway, I don't post much, but I read thru all the posts everyday and learn something new all the time from all of you ladies. I just want to express my appreciation for all of you moms helping others. I feel very blessed to be apart of this wonderful group. Thank you :)

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Bump
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope "exclusive" means...EXCLUSIVE! Once you offer solids (and if you've been here long, you know solids this early is a no-no :-) ) you are no longer "excluding" all other forms of feeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Exclusive breastfeeding means no other substances offered but breastmilk. Some define it as nothing but breastmilk at the breast, but most of us aren't that persnickety.

It is a few weeks early for solids...

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
This.

Quoting larissalarie:

Nope "exclusive" means...EXCLUSIVE! Once you offer solids (and if you've been here long, you know solids this early is a no-no :-) ) you are no longer "excluding" all other forms of feeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Isn't it awesome the wealth of info and support in this group :)
Way to go mama. Keep up the good work :)
As already mentioned ebf is exclusively bm enters babys digestive system. You may want to consider backing off the solids. Check out baby led solids/weaning. Many moms find it to be an easier approach
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

well its EBF plus solids I guess

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

No.. "ebf" means baby is exclusively breast fed, no supplementation of formula, solids, etc. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Quoting gdiamante: It is a few weeks early for solids...

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

mamala23
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Would it b ok to stop solids on baby? She was only getting a small amount after nursing 1-2 times a day. She was opening her mouth wide...I gave no cereal even though the pedi suggested...

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I didnt introduce solids until my son was almost 6 months but it was a bite here and there. He was interested but I was hesitant. Once I gave in it was on again off again for 2 months before he consistently wanted them. I think if you stop it'll be fine. I also think its not the end of the world if you don't stop. I didnt give my son grains or meat until 10 months and I felt happy with that decision. Jusst fruits and veggies. Its your baby and your call!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN