Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hi, I am ebf my 5 month old daughter (she has had some organic fruits and veggies- very little always after nursing, does that still count as ebf? ) this is my 3rd baby and I nurse all my kids until 12 months- no formula.

Anyway, I don't post much, but I read thru all the posts everyday and learn something new all the time from all of you ladies. I just want to express my appreciation for all of you moms helping others. I feel very blessed to be apart of this wonderful group. Thank you :)

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Replies (11-13):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Yes, it is fine to stop.
The signs of readiness to look for are: the baby is AT LEAST 6 months, can sit up unassisted, has lost the tongue thrust reflex, and has a pincer grasp for self feeding. Once all four have been met, she will be ready for you to give her soft chunks of foods that she can feed herself.

Quoting mamala23:

Would it b ok to stop solids on baby? She was only getting a small amount after nursing 1-2 times a day. She was opening her mouth wide...I gave no cereal even though the pedi suggested...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:10 AM
2 moms liked this
This.
And good call on the wallpaper paste I mean infant cereal ;)

Quoting aehanrahan:

Yes, it is fine to stop.

The signs of readiness to look for are: the baby is AT LEAST 6 months, can sit up unassisted, has lost the tongue thrust reflex, and has a pincer grasp for self feeding. Once all four have been met, she will be ready for you to give her soft chunks of foods that she can feed herself.

Quoting mamala23:

Would it b ok to stop solids on baby? She was only getting a small amount after nursing 1-2 times a day. She was opening her mouth wide...I gave no cereal even though the pedi suggested...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Agreed.. no need to rush solids.  :o) 

Quoting melindabelcher: This. And good call on the wallpaper paste I mean infant cereal ;)
Quoting aehanrahan: Yes, it is fine to stop. The signs of readiness to look for are: the baby is AT LEAST 6 months, can sit up unassisted, has lost the tongue thrust reflex, and has a pincer grasp for self feeding. Once all four have been met, she will be ready for you to give her soft chunks of foods that she can feed herself.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)