Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Spotting While Breastfeeding?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm EBF and 8 weeks pp. I stopped bleeding apx 4-5 weeks pp. Started my period around 6 weeks pp. At eight weeks 2 days pp I spotted for a few hours. Today at 8 weeks 4 days pp I'm spotting again. 

I haven't done anything out of the normal. Last time we had sex was the 2nd. 

This is my third and I didn't have anything similar to this with the others. Can anyone relate? 

I think I'll be testing just to make sure gah!

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Madisonsmommy1
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Bump. I am almost 6 month pp n I spot a lot. I haven't had a real period yet so far just spotting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
One-n-Counting
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Thanks for the bump! :-)

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

Bump. I am almost 6 month pp n I spot a lot. I haven't had a real period yet so far just spotting.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Did your periods come back around the same time with your first 2? Are you *sure* it was really your period and not just the post-partum bleeding sitrring back up a little if you're overdoing it (hello, mom of 3 kids ;-)?  After my second, I had random pp bleeding almost to 10 weeks (and didn't get af until I was 25 months pp). Hormones are so whacky from one woman to the next. Until things are more predictable, you might want to look into getting a batch of cheap pregnancy strip tests (usually less than $10 for 25)

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Sorry I've never spotted any while bf. I'm sure it's normal though, seems like just about everything is!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I'm 9 months pp and I've gotten my period back several months ago but I've spotted quite a but especially in the beginning first few week :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
One-n-Counting
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Did your periods come back around the same time with your first 2? Are you *sure* it was really your period and not just the post-partum bleeding sitrring back up a little if you're overdoing it (hello, mom of 3 kids ;-)?  After my second, I had random pp bleeding almost to 10 weeks (and didn't get af until I was 25 months pp). Hormones are so whacky from one woman to the next. Until things are more predictable, you might want to look into getting a batch of cheap pregnancy strip tests (usually less than $10 for 25)

With my first I didn't start my period until I started birth-control (around 7 months pp). 

With my second I never got my period... I got a positive pregnancy test around 10 months pp. lol

It seemed like a period but I'm not 100% sure... I didn't do anything to make my pp bleed start up again.  Its odd to me.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Are you on any birth control? This is a known side effect with progestin-only methods.

One-n-Counting
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM

No just condoms. Dh is getting the big V in a few weeks.

Quoting gdiamante:

Are you on any birth control? This is a known side effect with progestin-only methods.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:43 AM
This. My pp bleeding was on and off until 10-12 weeks but my period didn't return until 6 1/2 months°c

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)