Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Back pain!!!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:09 AM
  • 6 Replies
I've never had this before, but it's terrible. I bent down yesterday to put BG on the floor & something pulled. I thought I wasn't going to be able to stand back up & I've been in severe pain since. I can hardly pick her up now & when I do...it hurts bad! I mean bad!!!! What meds can I take. I'm a nurse so I know I'm headed to the chiropractor on Monday & out of work that day, I have no idea what I can take to function until then! My husband has said no church tomorrow & is talking ER, but I'm pretty determined not to go. I've prayed all night long that BG would sleep through the night, but she finally woke up about 30 min ago, it took me more than 5 to get out of bed. This is terrible, worse than labor pain. I am now stuck in my recliner with her because I can't move to get out of the chair, hubs went back to sleep & I definitely can't bend over the crib to put her in there! So I guess I'll doze here, though I fear this will only make it worse. Oh my, what pain meds can I take?!?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Most oral pain medication are fine while nursing. Ibprofen is my go to with muscle pain. But vicoden, percocet, t3 would also be fine
ladodger
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Thanks. This is crazy because I've never had this trouble before. I'd hoped I'd wake up & it would be gone. Not very realistic but.... It didn't work out that way. :( I'm definitely not on though. Hubs takes sleep aides at night & I can't get him to wake up to help me get BG back in bed. So I'm stuck in this chair. I tried getting out & it hurt so bad I was too scared to drop her! This is no fun.
newmom121812
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:43 AM
I've had pain like that before to where it knocked the wind out of me when I moved. It went away the next day. I hope it's that way for you too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladodger
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully it gets better soon. Bless hubby's heart. He's had to step it up because I can't lift the baby!!
Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I know your pain.  It sounds exactly like a pulled muscle.  Two years ago I pulled a muscle in my back decorating the Christmas tree!  Really!  And last month I was putting DS in his pack and play and did it again.  I took ibuprofen and put the heating pad on.  The heat works wonders.  Good luck.

AndrewsMomPDX
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I'm  old and definitely not a breast feeding mom, but saw this post. My dh has had terrible back pain and surgery. We have some of those lidoderm pain patches that he says do work and I believe you can buy them over the counter. They might help until you can see your chiropractor, but I honestly have no idea if they are okay for a breast feeding mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)