Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

having problems 1 1/2 year later

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi, i was am so proud of my self for doing this so long but latly iv been wanting to wean bcause im not sleeping . Our feedings were most of the night afternoon and on weekends wenever but this past week my baby has been acting like a baby (crawling) hugging me just trying to b baby like like her dolls and has been wanting to feed more and thats not a problem but my nipples r killing me, first it was my whole left breast that felt bruised so i kept feeding on that side and got better then now my nipples feel like needles whenshe eats mostly at the begining but it just hurts alot and today i noticed they r starting to crack! :( why is this happening?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM

1 1'2 years ALREADY???? Wow how time flies!

Quoting ListaPaMas:

Hi, i was am so proud of my self for doing this so long but latly iv been wanting to wean bcause im not sleeping .
Best info on night weaning is on drjaygordon.com. Be aware, weaning DOES NOT mean sleeping and never sleeping a full night again is one of the three guarantees of motherhood. (The others are death and taxes.)
Our feedings were most of the night afternoon and on weekends wenever but this past week my baby has been acting like a baby (crawling) hugging me just trying to b baby like like her dolls and has been wanting to feed more and thats not a problem but my nipples r killing me, first it was my whole left breast that felt bruised so i kept feeding on that side and got better then now my nipples feel like needles whenshe eats mostly at the begining but it just hurts alot and today i noticed they r starting to crack! :( why is this happening?

Period or pregnancy are the usual reasons.

ListaPaMas
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Thank you, iv thought about the period thing but that gives me killer cramps to but doc says everythings fine this was a few months ago and its been the same i think and i have mirena so i higly doubt pregnancy i just feel like all of a sudden its the first week of breastfeeding again.

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting ListaPaMas:

Hi, i was am so proud of my self for doing this so long but latly iv been wanting to wean bcause im not sleeping .
Best info on night weaning is on drjaygordon.com. Be aware, weaning DOES NOT mean sleeping and never sleeping a full night again is one of the three guarantees of motherhood. (The others are death and taxes.)
Our feedings were most of the night afternoon and on weekends wenever but this past week my baby has been acting like a baby (crawling) hugging me just trying to b baby like like her dolls and has been wanting to feed more and thats not a problem but my nipples r killing me, first it was my whole left breast that felt bruised so i kept feeding on that side and got better then now my nipples feel like needles whenshe eats mostly at the begining but it just hurts alot and today i noticed they r starting to crack! :( why is this happening?

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM

This!

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting ListaPaMas:

BabyFruit Ticker

ceckyl
by Kyla on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Could it be thrush? That would maybe explain the needles feeling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)