Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laid back feeding

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
I know most of you read my post yesterday about my son being super fussy. Around 3 am we took him to the ER because he was so frantic , they couldn't find anything wrong. He's still been fussy today but just not as bad.

I'm trying to do the laid back feeding but since he's only 2 weeks old he can't really hold his head up . I tried to take a picture to see if I'm doing it right . But he was eating I took him off and milk was still squirting everywhere.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Colic or gas? Have you tried tummy drops or gripe water? What about laying down and nursing ? Tummy to tummy?
juniebug11
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I tried tummy drops and today I'm trying the laid back nursing but idk if I'm doing it right .

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Colic or gas? Have you tried tummy drops or gripe water? What about laying down and nursing ? Tummy to tummy?

piwife
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Am sure you also have an overactive let down. Hand express a lil before latching baby on. You can look up videos and pics of laid back nursing online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniebug11
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Oh ok I didn't know they had videos . I only saw pictures , ill have to look that up

Quoting piwife:

Am sure you also have an overactive let down. Hand express a lil before latching baby on. You can look up videos and pics of laid back nursing online.

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Try the la la ledge group forum :) they have vids :) good luck!! Sorry I couldn't help with the nursin I dunno if I know really what It is.

Quoting juniebug11:

Oh ok I didn't know they had videos . I only saw pictures , ill have to look that up

Quoting piwife:

juniebug11
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Thank you!

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Try the la la ledge group forum :) they have vids :) good luck!! Sorry I couldn't help with the nursin I dunno if I know really what It is.

Quoting juniebug11:

Quoting piwife:

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Your welcome I hope that everything works out :))) good luck!

Quoting juniebug11:

Thank you!

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting juniebug11:

Quoting piwife:

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM

He doesn't need to hold his head up. Lay back, lay him tummy to tummy on you with mouth over the nipple. Done. No, he WILL NOT suffocate. Their noses are made for this.

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM
My hospital made me take what they called "an eight minute course" on something called purple crying. Basically it said some babies just cry. Don't shake them. The fussiness made me think of that.
juniebug11
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Ok, that's what I was worried about ! I felt like he wasn't going to be able to breath .he eat for longer than what he normally does.

Quoting gdiamante:

He doesn't need to hold his head up. Lay back, lay him tummy to tummy on you with mouth over the nipple. Done. No, he WILL NOT suffocate. Their noses are made for this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)