Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else irritated?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 12 Replies
I love nursing but lately whenever Autumn nurses I get really irritated and antsy. It doesn't hurt its just that as soon as she sucks I get very antsy, irritates to where I wanna get up, move and more. When she pauses that feeling goes away. Also inbetween feedings my nips hurt to where feels like they're getting so erecr thy hurt. I hate having all these problems. Feels like all I do ia complain. Like I was telling my bf how babys lips look like fish lips to tell good latch bt sometimss Autumns lips arent like that and it doesn't hurt ar all. Not even 1 month old and still having problems grrrrr! I should have this downpacked!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maggiemom2000
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Give yourself a break, you are still in the early weeks :-)

That antsy feeling may be the way you are responding to the surge of oxytocin that comes with the letdown. It will get better as baby gets older, it is most intense in the first few weeks.

The erect nipples and pain between feedings sounds like reynauds or vasospasms. Try some warm packs on your breasts, that should help!

maggiemom2000
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Check out this article for more info on Raynauds and vasospasms:

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipple-blanching/

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
At the beginning sometimes I would cry when he latched on, not from pain but it was just so much at the beginning, I wanted a break but then I would feel like an awful mom because of that. I was very very over whelmed!
It gets so much easier. I really love it now. You'll get through all the hurdles and learn to appreciate what you have and you'll also feel like quite a bad ass lol.
Good luck and keep up the amazing work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Gonna google it. Thanks. Its frequent now. I dont even have to touch them foe it to hurt. Im sitti here in and theyre so erect bra hurts now.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Give yourself a break, you are still in the early weeks :-)

That antsy feeling may be the way you are responding to the surge of oxytocin that comes with the letdown. It will get better as baby gets older, it is most intense in the first few weeks.

The erect nipples and pain between feedings sounds like reynauds or vasospasms. Try some warm packs on your breasts, that should help!

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM
My nipples aren't white thought its tad bit pink. My breast gets itchy sometimes while nursing. Idk if that helps.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Check out this article for more info on Raynauds and vasospasms:

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipple-blanching/

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Thats how I feel. She latches on soooo much. I cannot put her down. All she wants to do is stay attached to me. If I put her down while sleeping she immediately wakes up and cries and roots. I put her to breast she falls aslesp. She NEVER pulls off when shes full. She stays on sucking and sucking, even when asleep. After a while ill unlatch her amd she stays asleep of im holding her.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

At the beginning sometimes I would cry when he latched on, not from pain but it was just so much at the beginning, I wanted a break but then I would feel like an awful mom because of that. I was very very over whelmed!

It gets so much easier. I really love it now. You'll get through all the hurdles and learn to appreciate what you have and you'll also feel like quite a bad ass lol.

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Stupid Hormones!!!! Lol I got the same antsy feeling. I would want to throw things across thw room because sitting still was driving me crazy but only while I was nursing. I finally started reading while nursing and it kept me distracted enough I got through it. It sounds silly but sometimes taking a minute and doing some shoulder and neck stretches would helo with the erectnipples. I teach ballet, having hard nipples in class theouthrough your sports bra is totally awkward. Lol
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I get the antsy feeling too. Mostly at night, but I also have restless leg syndrome and that's part of the problem. When I get like that I can't wait for her to be done. I try to read to distract myself. Or fb or anything on my phone.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Exactly how I feel. Its hard for me to concentrate.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Stupid Hormones!!!! Lol I got the same antsy feeling. I would want to throw things across thw room because sitting still was driving me crazy but only while I was nursing. I finally started reading while nursing and it kept me distracted enough I got through it. It sounds silly but sometimes taking a minute and doing some shoulder and neck stretches would helo with the erectnipples. I teach ballet, having hard nipples in class theouthrough your sports bra is totally awkward. Lol

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Yes yes yes and yes... all of it! The first 4 months are a constant exercise in adapting and surviving lol I know its overwhelming but hang in there. Make sure you are getting some alone time every week. It helps! Being away from baby long enough that you can't wait to het home and nurse is great for perspective.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Thats how I feel. She latches on soooo much. I cannot put her down. All she wants to do is stay attached to me. If I put her down while sleeping she immediately wakes up and cries and roots. I put her to breast she falls aslesp. She NEVER pulls off when shes full. She stays on sucking and sucking, even when asleep. After a while ill unlatch her amd she stays asleep of im holding her.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)