Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

i may have mono *piog*

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 3 Replies
Sooo I've been using thieves oil to treat some type of funk I have. I went into the Dr to have my iud removed and had her look. I have swollen tonsils white on the left one and pinhead sized white dots on my gums. She did a strep quick screen which was neg. She suggested mono. And that I may want to do a test. Well...I had mono as a senior in hs so once you have it it can reaccure but will also stay dormant in ur body. My dd is 14 months and still nursing three times a day. Anyone have any experience? I'm worried about her. I know my bm has antibodies in it but im still worried.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Nursing her is the best protection you can give; not nursing could be the worst thing because then you aren't giving her the tailor-made antibodies.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Nursing her is awesome for her protection.  If she does get it, mono in babies/toddlers is NOT the serious disease that it is in adults.  My oldest DS had it at 15 months 9and was no longer nursing).  He had 10 days of fever and not much appetite, but otherwise he was fine.  He lost nearly a lb from not eating as much as usual but gained it back quickly and was fine after that 1.5-2 week period of crabbiness.  With her nursing, even if she does get it, her recovery should be quicker and she'll keep getting milk so she won't lose as much. :)

skylarkdancer
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Thanks guys. Debating on going to have the test done.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN