Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

stupid things people say to bf moms

Posted by   + Show Post

some of our posts make it sound like bfing moms are angry, whewww, i thought this may be fun. I keep thinking now im pregnant again and going to be bfing I will have to put up with all the stupidity again.  Might help some new mom's out there to share. 

so stupid comments people make to breastfeeding mom's.

MY mil was the worst, she had twins and 5 kids total and feels bfing is a waste. (now i always covered up, nothing hanging out)

she would say ewww, are you going to do that in here cant you go someplace private?, is he still bfing? isnt he old enough for cows milk, he eats too often, that i wasnt giving him what he needed, that he is an anemic because i bfed him, she would literally harrass me every time

others:

people always have to state why they didnt bf exclusively

always telling me they needed cereal or food to compensate

he wont know how to use a bottle or drink properly

its not proper to do that in front of your other boys'

they might not get enough air covered up like that....

and the stupidest ever while i was covered up at a bbq and bf son in rocker ---- IS THAT YOUR BABY???? no you moron i just randomly grabbed a baby here and stuck him on my tit

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
lilblu399
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I have a 'friend'(I use that word loosely) Who told me that since my almost 2yo still nurses, that my husband will stop being intimate with me.

When my DD was turning one, I was told that she needs to be given formula now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Upon hearing I do not drink cow's milk.... 
"well if you don't drink milk, how will you make milk?" 

laughing

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM
My mom thought it was funny to tell me that brown cows made chocolate milk, white cows white milk.

Quoting hnischke:

As a kid I thought that they fed cows chocolate to get chocolate milk lol. Only I was like 5.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Do you make chocolate milk if you drink chocolate milk.

The girl who asked was 15 smh

She was dead serious

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I got sick of hearing my family ask how I was going to breastfeed with no boobs. Yes, I'm darned near flat but *somehow* managed to ebf 4 babies to 6 months and then wrack up 102 total months over those 4 babies. Not too shabby for someone with "no boobs".
carinsmommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

The worst one I heard was my grandmother in law.
Are'nt you giving her water?
No grandma, shes only 6 weeks old.
Well where will she get fluids?
From my breast milk.
Oh, thats ridiculous, you need to give her water.
Needless to say I just let it drop.

carinsmommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My favorite thing was to tell people that when I was really cold I could make my own ice cream! LOL!
One of my male co-workers believed me for like 6 months....

Amber5151
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Every time someone hears me say I breastfeed our sees me do it they are immediately telling me why they couldn't. I have heard ” my baby didn't like my milk” ” baby was allergic” ” didn't make enough” ” husband wanted my boobs back”
Amber5151
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Every time someone hears me say I breastfeed our sees me do it they are immediately telling me why they couldn't. I have heard ” my baby didn't like my milk” ” baby was allergic” ” didn't make enough” ” husband wanted my boobs back”
XVAmomma
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Oh the stupidity!

I too got the allergic to BM.

But I think the worst is standing through a roast by way of my coworkers. Yes, I laugh it away because we got humor in us. But listening to their image of what BF means to me is out of this world!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I was talking to a lady the other day who upon finding out I am currently nursing 3 kids, said "You only have 2 breast, how do you nurse 3 kids?"........ Oh you know I sprout an extra one out of my back when I need it..........  It really took everything inside of me to keep from just dying laughing lol. 

I had several nurses tell me I'd never make enough milk for twins and I WOULD have to supplement with formula. 

People also have a hard time grasping that I can breastfeed but don't respond to the pump, no matter how many times I explain it. 

I was also told that by not starting solids until 8-10 months I was depriving my kids of not only nutrition but valuable lessons on how to eat..... 

My last one was when my twins were maybe 6 months old. We were trying to find a playgroup and I went to one and one of the girls got hungry while we were there. So I fed her and one of the other moms said to me "Don't you clean that thing before you put it in your baby's mouth?" I said "Nah I wash my breast well when I take my monthly shower! A few germs never hurt anyone!" lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN