Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it end?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 1 Replies
My DD will be 17 months this weekend and I am still breast feeding she is the longest I have breast feed and as a baby she was ebf no bottles. As of now she is getting better about drinking from a sippy cup when she eats or through out the day at times. But there are days she still wants to nurse like a newborn especially through the night. I may get 3 hours in a roll of sleep then she is awake and climbing in bed wanting to nurse. I have tried to rock her back to sleep but it doesn't work she crys until I give in. Most of the times she wants to nurse at nap and bed times and there are days she just wants to cuddle an nurse. I love nursing her becaus of the cuddle An bonding time. But iam so exhausted anymore from the lack of sleep through the night. It would be so nice to get her to sleep through the night without nursing. She doesn't take a pacifier either. Any suggestions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM

You're handling it perfectly. It WILL end... 17 months is early. Great article on night weaning on drjaygordon.com. Fair warning... death, taxes and NEVER sleeping a full night again are your guarantees as mom. (13 years here. Haven't nursed in eleven. Haven't slept a full night either! It's ALWAYS something. The dog woke me at 2:30 AM last night!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)