Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

2yrs and Im done....

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
and she isnt.

A little background.... this is my third and first time breastfeeding. I set my goal at two years (not small goals like a month 6m... I said from day 1 2 years and see from there. Well, she turned 2 on January 31st and I am very proud that I made my goal.

The thingnow is I am now done. And I thought she waa too. Before her 2nd birthday she stop during the day. It would only be early morning/middle of night when she woke up, didnt want it during the day, so I stoped offering and would let her if she wanted. She went now a week a FULL week not wantkng it even if she did wake up early or middle of night. Now the last two days ahes been attached to me! like if i could she would be on all day and night. Idk. maybe i made tge mistake letting her but tonight she was just screaming her head off "Im thirsty" which is her way of sayinh she wants boobs. (she says wwater juice milk etc for everything else but thirsty equals boobs)

so here i amim bed w little miss,nursing and im so done. what can i do now?? should i have just refused when she wanted it the other day? should i just get over it and keep going??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Flip a coin. Either way is fine. What do YOU want to do?

I find todlers want things more when they sense mom DOESN'T want it. So I'd just go with it but not make any big deal of it.

You can also time her. Three minutes one day. Two the next. One the day after that. 30 seconds the day after that. Then done.

You're also allowed to set limits. If it's not a good time, tell her no and be unimpressed with her demands. You can tell her something she'll understand, like "After Barney" to delay her and be FIRM on it... and then keep the promise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN