Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Ouch!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
My baby is only 3 days old. He is nursing like a champ, and my milk is coming in, but my nipples are so so sore. Please help me! I've been using cold tea bags and lasinoh.. and now that my milk is coming in my boobs are really sore and hard, I can't take the pain of sore boobs and sore nipples. I want to breastfeed so bad but I'm really hurting!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
briebaby123
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM

It will take them a few days to get used to, unfortunately :/ Especially with your milk coming in, kinda makes them worse...
put lettuce or cabbage leaves on when you aren't nursing,  alternate between warm and cold compresses...and hang in there!!

try4baby20
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Does it hurt when he latches them ease up? If not its a bad latch the engorgemts last a week or so
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Are they sore all the time or just at initial latch? If it's all the time, there is indeed a problem with the latch.

We've got a bunch of stuff about tongue tie in this group; do a search and you'll find the images to watch for. 

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I wouldn't use cabbage leaves. It can actually decrease milk production. Take a warm shower to ease engorgement. You can also hand express until you aren't as full. It will get better around the one week mark
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN