Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Weight Loss & Milk Loss

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay so I've been trying to loose weight but I've noticed that my milk is starting to dry up and DS has not changed his schedule nursing wise. He'll be 2 in June (showing no signs of wanting to wean) but its starting to hurt my nipples (sorry but I'd rather be accurate), he's getting upset when he nurses but doesn't give up.

I'm using Fitness Pal to count my calories so does that mean that my calories count is not accurate because I BF? I am for sure drinking 8 cups of water a day too if that matters.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

The pain to your nipples could be from AF or ?pregnancy?

Losing weight at 1-3lbs a week shouldn't affect your supply. (heck i lost 15lbs in 2 weeks and only noticed a slight dip)

MrsMedina90
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Sorry I don't know what AF is but no pregnancy (I have the 10yr IUD)

Quoting melindabelcher:

The pain to your nipples could be from AF or ?pregnancy?

Losing weight at 1-3lbs a week shouldn't affect your supply. (heck i lost 15lbs in 2 weeks and only noticed a slight dip)

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Mfp is notorious for setting too low of cal goals that will cause a fast initial weight loss then gain it all back with interest. What are your daily cal goals? Should be minimum of 1800. Are you getting enough water?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsMedina90
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM
They set me at 1200 plus whatever I get back from exercise (232 today) I'm also drinking 4 16oz waters

I'm 5 ft and a half, 134lbs

Quoting audmom1218:

Mfp is notorious for setting too low of cal goals that will cause a fast initial weight loss then gain it all back with interest. What are your daily cal goals? Should be minimum of 1800. Are you getting enough water?
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:04 PM
That's far too low. I would up that. Check out the articles on fat2fit radio about bmr and crash diets. Total wake up call for me and for the first time in my life I'm losing weight effortlessly!
MrsMedina90
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Dumb question but is that a website or actual radio channel lol

Quoting audmom1218:

That's far too low. I would up that. Check out the articles on fat2fit radio about bmr and crash diets. Total wake up call for me and for the first time in my life I'm losing weight effortlessly!
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM
It's a website that goes along with a pod cast. It's all about Healthy permanent FAT loss. (Not weight loss)

Quoting MrsMedina90:

Quoting audmom1218:

MrsMedina90
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Okay thank you!!

Quoting audmom1218:

It's a website that goes along with a pod cast. It's all about Healthy permanent FAT loss. (Not weight loss)

Quoting MrsMedina90:

Quoting audmom1218:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM

WHy'd you apologize? Nipples is a perfectly acceptable word here. **smile** 

Your calorie count likely is inaccurate; 1800 per day is needed while nursing. Water count is good.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

could you be pregnant?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN