Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going back to work...help!!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

I will be returning to work at the end of my bonding time in about a month.  With my first DD giving her a bottle during the day was no problem, she switched back and forth easily.  My new DD, is a different story.  I have tried giving her a bottle from time to time when in public in an effort to see what issues my daycare providers will face, and She wants nothing to do with it!!  I am now VERY worried about going back to work (which BTW, I do not have a choice in).  Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Most bf babies won't take a bottle from Mom, actually. So her refusing it from you doesn't mean anything :-) Would you want leftovers when there's a fresh meal available?

Daycare just needs to offer, the rest is up to her. If she continues to refuse, then she's not that hungry. Babies won't allow themselves to starve
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM

It's because you gave it &/or you were there. When it's time, give baby to caregiver along with milk & leave. Baby will do one of two things, take the bottle no problem(it's amazing what our kids will do for others that they won't do for us) OR Reverse Cycle.Reverse Cycling is not taking any milk while away from mom & making up for it when you're together. It's perfectly ok , you would not worry about anythign if baby went that long without milk while sleeping.

BabyFruit Ticker

2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM

That's a great point!! Thank you.

Quoting mamabens:

It's because you gave it &/or you were there. When it's time, give baby to caregiver along with milk & leave. Baby will do one of two things, take the bottle no problem(it's amazing what our kids will do for others that they won't do for us) OR Reverse Cycle.Reverse Cycling is not taking any milk while away from mom & making up for it when you're together. It's perfectly ok , you would not worry about anythign if baby went that long without milk while sleeping.

2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Another great point..... Thank you for the reassurance.

Quoting larissalarie:

Most bf babies won't take a bottle from Mom, actually. So her refusing it from you doesn't mean anything :-) Would you want leftovers when there's a fresh meal available?

Daycare just needs to offer, the rest is up to her. If she continues to refuse, then she's not that hungry. Babies won't allow themselves to starve

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM
It'll be fine. Don't stress yourself about a bottle now. Just enjoy the time with her :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:25 PM

You shouldn't be giving her a bottle anyway. If you are there she should be on the breast. Breastfed babies usually take bottles from other people better! 

2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Okay!!  Everyone seems to agree:)  I'm glad, It breaks my heart to give her a bottle, I will leave it to her amazing caregivers....

Quoting jjchick75:

You shouldn't be giving her a bottle anyway. If you are there she should be on the breast. Breastfed babies usually take bottles from other people better! 

2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Sound advice, Thank you.  This has been an amazing time with both my girls..  Wish we could afford for me to stay home

Quoting melindabelcher:

It'll be fine. Don't stress yourself about a bottle now. Just enjoy the time with her :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)