Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Baby-wearing in the media OT

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

Well sort of in the media. I was watching The Avatar: The Last Air Bender, and they were baby-wearing!!! It was pretty neat :D

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jocelynred
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM

they always show, especially dads, with these really big babies in Bjorn type carriers facing forward. i always wonder if they make the carrier special for larger babies since the babies they show must be over the weight limit for the type of carrier. also how uncomfortable must the kid be dangling from the crotch like that? i wish i had known better with my first. i'd love an Ergo or Boba Air. but since my dd is 2 1/2 and no plans of having more i can't see spending $ on another carrier. i have a mei tie but she's getting to big for it. she doesn't like to be carried all that much anymore. but there are times i really want to put her on my back for a bit.

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Nice! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I always love seeing breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping, etc. being positively portrayed in the media! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

proudMom2634
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM

lo,. have to research, didn't notice that..

Yuriko_chan
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM

It's in the episode where they are in the city where King Boomy lives, and he's captured by the fire nation. And the fire people occupying the city have a baby. The baby leaves the city walls by mistake and they try to take the baby back. Well they wear the baby! It's pretty neat :D

Quoting proudMom2634:

lo,. have to research, didn't notice that..

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I think it's cool when it's done correctly. Nothing irritates me more than to see tv shows & movies(like that new show about dads with kids & the Walgreens commercial) who carry their kids around in crotch danglers.

BabyFruit Ticker

Yuriko_chan
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
This was more like a wrap.

Quoting mamabens:

I think it's cool when it's done correctly. Nothing irritates me more than to see tv shows & movies(like that new show about dads with kids & the Walgreens commercial) who carry their kids around in crotch danglers.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN