Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Any articles on obesity and ff?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm mobile and I'm bored. The 1-oz/hr rule has me thinking about the FF/obesity correlation and I was wondering if anyone could post links to the studies that have looked at this. My hypothesis has to do with the stomach getting stretched in order to fake in more calories because they need more formula (unlike bm which changes with age). And our species hasn't evolved to compensate for that and my thinking is maybe something in the brains "full registry" is off as a result. Just thinking and having a hard time finding the studies from my phone. Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ragitty
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Are you talking about obesity in adults or children or infants?

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Either, both. Not looking to argue with anyone. Just trying to see what has been studied so far.

Quoting ragitty:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ragitty
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Gotcha. I haven't really looked into any of that but I have a feeling that obesity in older children and adults is more related to lifestyle habits growing up and our society being visual eaters than anything else, but that's just another theory :) I'd be interested to know, too, though. Because a lot of breastfeeding families tend to be more health-conscious anyway, it might be difficult to determine if it's the bfing or the overall lifestyle. I'm sure there are a lot better studies about infants/babies though

Quoting audmom1218:

Either, both. Not looking to argue with anyone. Just trying to see what has been studied so far.

Quoting ragitty:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)