Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's 11 days old now. Birthweight was 7 lb 2 oz. lowest weight was at 4 days and was 6 13. Today she was 6 14.5. Dr is diagnosing her Failure to thrive ): said I need to see the ibclc at hospital. So I went, her advice was nurse for 15 minutes then pump and bottle feed whatever I get. If I don't get at least 2 oz, give formula. She also had her bili levels checked again and they are at 18 so we are getting a bili blanket. My thing is, she isn't nursing well because she's so sleepy from jaundice and she has colic. I don't want her to end up preferring the bottle because it's less work, but I don't want them saying ftt either. I don't know what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Replies (21-21):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Agree

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Your doc was the one to diagnose her with ftt or the nurse would not have mentioned it. They cannot make those diagnosis' themselves. And a lot of doctors seem to be pro breastfeeding but just don't know a darn thing about it. Go see him Wednesday if you wish but if he still says ftt or that she was ftt o even begin with i urge you to find another doctor or this will become a struggle throughout your breastfeeding relationship. And just so you know my preemie was weighed twice a day in the nicu. They mixed his breastmilk with high calorie formula and he didn't start gaining weight back until day 8. Babies are expected to lose in the first week

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)