Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

scared....edit

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 55 Replies
So for Valentine's my SO is taking me on a nice dinner. My family was going to watch our 6mo dd but he told his mom she could. BIG PROBLEM HERE. His mom hasn't ever agreed with me bfing her. She thinks it is wrong and has tried to sabotage it from the get go. I don't have the choice of saying she can't watch her now without causing a HUGE fight between me and well....everyone including him. So yeah, I am stuck. I'm scared she will give her a paci or a bottle. I have her on a Sippy cup now but she refuses to use it because she doesn't like it. Also, if I don't leave pumped bm I KNOW she will give her cows milk because she is just like that. Ugh....so scared and honestly I don't think I will have a good time at all knowing that my dd is in her care. Sorry.....vent over. Anyone else know how I feel?

Edit:
Ok so for those that tried to under stand thank you. To the ones who insinuated I am a bad mom,buzz off. When I first joined this site people were understanding and honestly trying to help. Now it has become nothing but a bash fest in almost every group. I guess some think it's better for me to push and cause a fight that would not do any good at all and would only postpone the inevitable. Sorry my life isn't 100% dictated by me like some of you. I'm sorry I'm not perfect like some of you seem to think you are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I wouldn't be able to leave my baby with someone who didn't respect my rules with my own baby. If you're really in this jackpot stuck with her, maybe try to tell her that your doctor said the baby is still very strictly on a breastmilk-only diet. Your SO is going to be happy dragging you out while you're going to be so miserable over this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I read that again and see YOUR family was available to watch the baby and your SO went and made arrangements to make his mom happy and YOU unhappy?!? And he expects sumthin-sumthin on Valentine's Day over this?!
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Id have dh lie and say baby wasnt feeling well and either bring baby with or leave baby with someone I trusted.
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM
11 moms liked this
I would rather cause a family fight then leave my child with someone i dont trust.
piwife
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Yep my child wouldn't go near that woman .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Titana
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM
He doesn't see the issue. All his friends who have had kids all had ff babies and did give lots of other substitutes early. He also doesn't see the issues with giving a bottle etc. He will get upset when he sees how upset I am and will feel bad but he won't understand why I am upset.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I wouldn't be able to leave my baby with someone who didn't respect my rules with my own baby. If you're really in this jackpot stuck with her, maybe try to tell her that your doctor said the baby is still very strictly on a breastmilk-only diet. Your SO is going to be happy dragging you out while you're going to be so miserable over this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Titana
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM
My thoughts exactly! He just doesn't see where his mom's wants are wrong. So frustrating.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I read that again and see YOUR family was available to watch the baby and your SO went and made arrangements to make his mom happy and YOU unhappy?!? And he expects sumthin-sumthin on Valentine's Day over this?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Titana
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Kinda how I feel....but honestly I might be sick and not able to go out.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Id have dh lie and say baby wasnt feeling well and either bring baby with or leave baby with someone I trusted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him you won't/can't go unless someone else watches your DD.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Im in same situation. My bf wants me to leave dd2 wih his grandma so we can go do stuff and spend some time together but im afraid she will give cows kilk, cereal amd baby food in a bottle. I told her I won't be using bottle and she boght 6 bottles and demanded I pump so she can take her and muh more. I never let her take dd2. Im in sams boat as you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN