Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

color changes in poop

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

My ds owen is 3 months and his poops have gone from the normal mustard yellow and seedy to olive green. He drains both sides when he nurses so I know it's not an fore/hind imbalance. He is always drooling too, could this be a cause for the color change? Any idea of what could be going on with him?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM
The seediness starts to go away. And the green can definitely be caused by the excess saliva. Or it could be a little viral thing. By itself I wouldn't worry much about greenish poop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamie62604
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Thank you!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM
A little blurb from kellymom.com regarding green stools:

"a sign that baby has an illness. Babies with an intestinal virus or even a simple cold will sometimes have green, mucusy stools. Teething can also bring about green stools due to increased saliva (can also cause tummy upset)
a lot of green vegetables or something with green food coloring in mom’s diet."
mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM
What she said! My baby is 5 months, at about 3 months I started seeing less mustard and more green. Especially the last few days- but the other kids and my hubby have been taking turns puking since Thursday, I'm suspecting that's her part! I also *think* that with a fore/hind imbalance the poop stinks, like something rotting.
jamie62604
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Thank you! I nursed my oldest son too but I don't remember his poop changing to green. But then again, he wasn't constantly drooling like Owen is!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)