Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Thoughts??? Update!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 17 Replies
DS2 is 3 months old now. Bfing has been going great. About 80% of what I pump daily goes to the freezer because he snubs bottles.

I have an appt tomorrow to get Paragard because I'm not a fan of how whacked out my body gets from hormonal bc.

DH told me that I need to talk to them tomorrow because he thinks I have ppd. I think I'm just having a run of bad luck that's getting me down. I found out when I went back to work on 1/14/13 that as of 3/8/13 I will no longer have a job. My bank was bought by a bigger one and most of us are out the door. Plus while I was out on leave we fell behind on a few bills so I'm playing catch up there with a completely clueless DH. I've tried explaining and writing everything down but he still doesn't get it. Our plan was to pay off a few smaller bills with our tax refund and then I would be a sahm for as long as possible. I found out yesterday at work the bigger bank has a temp position they are opening for those of us being laid off that's until the end if the year. So tech I can still have a job if I want it. Well I got excited. They said same pay we have now, so we could get further in paying off bills. I told DH and he got excited too. I called my mom since she watches my 3 kids on the 2 days we need someone for. She basically told me this is the last week she's going to watch them. So now I need to find a new sitter ASAP. She was planning on telling me Thursday when she came out. Thanks for the kinda short notice mom, grr. Not the first time she's done this to me btw.

Plus I hit a telephone pole a few weeks ago because of the bad weather so I've been getting bad anxiety when it snows and living in central NY not much of a way around it right now.

So yes I may have a bit of a short fuse right now because I'm stressed out but I don't think it's PPD because I still get out if bed and take care of myself (and everyone else it seems). So what I cry a lot lately and over stupid crap. The last time I mentioned this to my dr she said it was hormones from bfing. I don't think it is but I wanted you ladies opinions.

Does it sound like ppd or just hormones or just stress??

UPDATE:

I talked to my dr today while I was there. She said it honestly sounds like I'm stressed out. She wants to wait until everything blows over and when I go back in 6 weeks to have my IUD checked we will talk more and go from there.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM

The crying is concerning.  Is it often and over insignificant things?  

Theres more to PPD than just taking care of people - how are you feeling? Overwhelmed? Sad or worried a lot?

i do not agree that it's bfing hormones - they're supposed to make you happy I think.

You have very valid reasons for not feeling well mama.  Have you tried any natural remedies? It may be all you need.  Going outside for a walk or doing yoga?  

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
It doesn't sound like ppd at all. You are dealing with A LOT of stress issues right now. All of that is compounding on each other.
I know this is easier said than done, but if you feel like your going to blow up at your dh, take a step back and take a big breath (or even a few short ones).
victoriangavin
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
What BC are you on? At 6 weeks pp my ob put me on one that turned out to basically make my body think I was going through menopause. It made me evil an dangerous. I stopped taking it and got the paragaurd, I've been fine since
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Well I have a history of depression so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. But it sounds like your issues are pretty situational, not free-floating or parhological, though it still could be. No amount of Prozac in the world is going to have you singing zippity do da here. All that said, pay attention to what the people who know you best are observing. Not just your dh's opinion though. Mine has a bad habit of blaming my "overreactions" to deflect his own responsibility for things falling apart here and there.
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Same here. I had PPD with my first. I'm talking suicidal thoughts and all. I don't feel that way this time. I just feel stressed to the max, like I want to cut ties with family cause I don't need the extra bs right now and just live my life. Plus because I've stopped internalizing everything my mom (who is a true piece of work to begin with) says that I'm turning into a mean person and in being rude to her. I'm sorry how am I supposed to act when you tell me last night that you won't watch my kids anymore (she doesn't even do it for free btw) starting this Thursday. So I have today to find a new sitter.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Well I have a history of depression so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. But it sounds like your issues are pretty situational, not free-floating or parhological, though it still could be. No amount of Prozac in the world is going to have you singing zippity do da here. All that said, pay attention to what the people who know you best are observing. Not just your dh's opinion though. Mine has a bad habit of blaming my "overreactions" to deflect his own responsibility for things falling apart here and there.
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Mainly just when I'm stressed or I feel like I have repeat myself 5 times because no one listens to me. I asked DH if he unloaded the dishwasher last Wednesday 3 times while standing in front of him and saying his name before he answered. So I snapped at him then I teared up because I was soo frustrated. Then after the bomb shell my mom dropped last night I cried too.

Quoting SadieJames:

Theres more to PPD than just taking care of people - how are you feeling? Overwhelmed? Sad or worried a lot?

i do not agree that it's bfing hormones - they're supposed to make you happy I think.

You have very valid reasons for not feeling well mama.  Have you tried any natural remedies? It may be all you need.  Going outside for a walk or doing yoga?  

SadieJames
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM

That sounds pretty normal then mama.  Have you told DH your frustrations with him?  My DH did the same crap and I finally starting writing it down.  At the end of the week I handed him his "dumb shit you did this week" list.  It was an eye opener for him.  He's getting much better.

do you take time for yourself? Bath, shower, walk?

Quoting shortyali:

Mainly just when I'm stressed or I feel like I have repeat myself 5 times because no one listens to me. I asked DH if he unloaded the dishwasher last Wednesday 3 times while standing in front of him and saying his name before he answered. So I snapped at him then I teared up because I was soo frustrated. Then after the bomb shell my mom dropped last night I cried too.

Quoting SadieJames:

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Nothing because I know how hormones affect me and my dr won't insert an IUD until 12 wks ppd so there aren't issues with a shrinking uterus. And no chance on being prego because with chasing 3 kids under 5, 40hrs a week at work and a DH that works a different shift the only way we dtd is if its planned right now and there's no time. Plus I don't really trust DH with condoms because the 1 time I did we had baby #3.

Quoting victoriangavin:

What BC are you on? At 6 weeks pp my ob put me on one that turned out to basically make my body think I was going through menopause. It made me evil an dangerous. I stopped taking it and got the paragaurd, I've been fine since
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Since DH works a different shift the only time by myself is when I shower in the morning. So maybe 5 minutes a day.

Quoting SadieJames:

That sounds pretty normal then mama.  Have you told DH your frustrations with him?  My DH did the same crap and I finally starting writing it down.  At the end of the week I handed him his "dumb shit you did this week" list.  It was an eye opener for him.  He's getting much better.

do you take time for yourself? Bath, shower, walk?

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting SadieJames:

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I agree!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN