Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pregnant and breastfeeding.... share your experiences please.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

I recently found out I'm pregnant (8wks) and I'm still breastfeeding my 18 month old DS. I've always been very committed to nursing DS until he's at least 2. I'm a little nervous now that I'm pregnant, that I may not make it that far. What was your experience with BFing during pregnancy? Did the hormones dry up your supply? Did your nursling stop nursing when the colostrum came in? when did you start producing colostrum again? Any other advice that might be helpful, please share. Thanks.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I got pregnant again when my first was 12 months, I totally dried up at 19 weeks but she still nursed til her little sister was born.  Then she decided it was "for baby" even though I kept encouraging her.  I don't remember when I started producing colotsrum, but it was very near the end I think.  Feeling agitated or annoyed/angry is normal unfortunately, I also was very very sensitive.  That went away around 15-16 weeks and came back when she was dry nursing after 20 weeks

sissy852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM
i dont know but here is a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Thanks, I really thought I would of gotten more responses by now. I know I've seen several moms on here comment on their NWP experiences before. I never thought I would be one of them though, so I didn't pay it much mind.

Quoting sissy852:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Thanks, good to know. I hope DS keeps up with it, and that I'm able to tolerate it.

Quoting PoodleMum:

I got pregnant again when my first was 12 months, I totally dried up at 19 weeks but she still nursed til her little sister was born.  Then she decided it was "for baby" even though I kept encouraging her.  I don't remember when I started producing colotsrum, but it was very near the end I think.  Feeling agitated or annoyed/angry is normal unfortunately, I also was very very sensitive.  That went away around 15-16 weeks and came back when she was dry nursing after 20 weeks

sissy852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM
you are welcome. I hope you get the info you are looking for

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Thanks, I really thought I would of gotten more responses by now. I know I've seen several moms on here comment on their NWP experiences before. I never thought I would be one of them though, so I didn't pay it much mind.

Quoting sissy852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)