Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breastmilk for stuffy nose?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anybody used bm for baby's stuffy nose?  Will it help with stuffy noses caused by allergies.  My babies have been stuffy and grumpy lately and I've heard bm can help but I've never tried it before.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep & I've used it for any kind of stuffy  nose. We also use it for scrapes, burns, ear infections, eye infections, dry skin, rashes, you name it! The first thing my husband said when I showed him my pregnancy test was "yay medicine chest is back!"

BabyFruit Ticker

kaves
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM

That is hilarious what your husband said!  Do you use the bm on everybody in your house?  How do you get it in noses?  Sorry this idea is all new to me. 

Quoting mamabens:

Yep & I've used it for any kind of stuffy  nose. We also use it for scrapes, burns, ear infections, eye infections, dry skin, rashes, you name it! The first thing my husband said when I showed him my pregnancy test was "yay medicine chest is back!"

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I just express into a medicine cup and then use a dropper to squirt up the nose. I use it in my kids and myself. DH thinks its gross but it works.

Quoting kaves:

That is hilarious what your husband said!  Do you use the bm on everybody in your house?  How do you get it in noses?  Sorry this idea is all new to me. 

Quoting mamabens:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Yes on all of us. I  express into a regular cup or medicine cup & use a medicine squirter to squirt it up the nose & a medicine syringe for in the ears.

Quoting kaves:

Quoting mamabens:

BabyFruit Ticker

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Yes. This is what I did for noses and ears. I just squirted it on cuts and scrapes (myself and my boys). I expressed into my hand to rub on my face for my acne. I was sad when I could no longer express anything.

Quoting mamabens:

Yes on all of us. I  express into a regular cup or medicine cup & use a medicine squirter to squirt it up the nose & a medicine syringe for in the ears.

Quoting kaves:

Quoting mamabens:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM
What everyone said. I use it for everything. Diaper rash , stuffy nose, stinging eyes. My sd used to ask for it for her chapped lips. Love it! Acne too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN