Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

No, he is not allergic to my Breastmilk!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 13 Replies
I am sick of my MIL thinking that formula is the answer to everything!

Today I took my little monkey to our last midwife appointment before we get transfered to our Doctor. The MW said that his chest sounds a little congested and she wanted me to take him to the doctor tonight just to make sure that it wasnt anything serious. Of course DH called and told his mother about it and she tried to blame it on me breastfeeding. My little guy has a diary protein allergy and she keeps asking how he can drink breast milk if he is allergic to milk. I don't know how many times she has been told it is cows milk he is allergic to. Then she is talking to my baby and she says if you were my kid you would be on formula because I wouldn't be giving up dairy, then she says you wouldn't be wearing stupid cloth diapers either.

I dont know why I am surprised! This is the same woman who let my 1 year old have a sip of her hard mikes and didnt understand why I was upset. She also said if she would have breastfed all her kids would get drunk because she wouldn't have given up drinking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Good grief! What is wrong with her?!
o0laurie.love0o
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this
And you continue to associate with this woman why? I'd have cut her off by now. She wants to see her grandkids? She respects their mother!
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM

She does realize formula has dairy in it doesn't she?? Even soy has  similar qualities & dairy intolerant babies can't drink that easily ether. She sounds like a piece of work...I'd jsut roll my eyes & ignore her.

BabyFruit Ticker

goodmama85
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
She is all kinds of cray cray there smh.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Good grief! What is wrong with her?!
ceckyl
by Kyla on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM
What a nut.
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Sounds like a horrible woman
MamaDearie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Wow. Maybe it's just me but if I were in this situation, I would have a serious talk with my DH. I would not share any information with this woman that does not pertain directly to her and I would limit my childrens' exposure to her significantly.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Momsthename0609
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM
We don't see her often, I usually do just ignore her. She does know that formula has dairy in it but my SIL also has a baby with a dairy allergy and aparently my neice is fine with formula and only gets gassy when she has breastmilk. I tried to tell her that my neice probably doesnt have a dairy allergy then and its something else her mom is eating. I apparently know nothing though. *sigh*

Quoting mamabens:

She does realize formula has dairy in it doesn't she?? Even soy has  similar qualities & dairy intolerant babies can't drink that easily ether. She sounds like a piece of work...I'd jsut roll my eyes & ignore her.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM

She sounds like a real winner...

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Remind your husband that just because she birthed him doesn't mean he owes her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN